Poll: Do you generally have a lie-in at the weekend? (Poll?)

Do you generally have a lie-in at the weekend?

• Yes

Votes: 103 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 93 40.4%
  • What's a weekend?

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
basic is he's not allowed to start work until 8am .. and has to finish at 6pm ..
my neighbour is doing work atm .. well for the last 2 months .. he was banging after 6pm .. i knocked on the door and said stop it's past 6pm ...
he smiled and said he would be done in the next hr .. to which i added if i hear one more knock your teeth come out .. now he only works to time .. which he is allowed ..

LFP6MCF.png

Associate
I have a 3 year old son I rarely get a lie in. The main issue I find is that he wakes at different times each day which really screws with your sleep.

If a neighbour was up early doing a one off DIY project I'd let it pass tbh.

Soldato
During the week i'm up at 6am if I'm going into the office, or 6:30am if working from home. At the weekend ... Saturday I get a lie in to 07:00 and Sunday I may stretch to 08:00. Don't see the point in staying in bed longer and wasting half the day.

I wouldn't start doing anything noisy though until gone 10am, and would want to finish before 5pm.

Soldato
basic is he's not allowed to start work until 8am .. and has to finish at 6pm ..
my neighbour is doing work atm .. well for the last 2 months .. he was banging after 6pm .. i knocked on the door and said stop it's past 6pm ...
he smiled and said he would be done in the next hr .. to which i added if i hear one more knock your teeth come out .. now he only works to time .. which he is allowed ..

Actually, the times vary by which council you are under.

As for a lie-in, that really depends as for me sometimes I am up until 4am so if I sleep until 10am it's still my daily 6 hours.

If I get a really long sleep I wake up with a banging headache so I try no to do that too often.

Caporegime

This happened.

Soldato
Yes. Although I struggle to sleep past my normal wake up time, having a tea in bed and no pressure to get up is one of the few true luxuries in life. Usually up and making breakfast at 9.

Soldato
Used to on a Sunday once the kids were old enough not charging into our bedroom the instant they woke up.

Having left the 9-5 Monday to Friday grind, we’re often up and about doing odd jobs on a Sunday, though watching Sunday Brunch remains a guilty pleasure.

Never made any DIY noise before 10am or after 6pm at the weekend and was very lucky to have good neighbours that did the same unless it was for urgent repairs.

Soldato
Barely. I get up at around 8 at the weekend, usually a bit earlier in the summer. I don’t have blackout curtains so whenever it’s light and I’m awake, that’s it, I have to get up.

Caporegime

Oooooh, awesome story, what other fairytales can you tell us? :cool:

Back
Top Bottom