Need a new dishwasher

Soldato
Moved into a new house late last year. The 8 year old integrated dishwasher has just packed in. Had someone out to look at it, they said it's not worth fixing.

Looking to get a new one.

Are all (full sized) integrated dishwashers the same size? Do I need to check if it fits or are they a standard size?

Whats the difference between a £350 one and a £1200 Miele one?

Soldato
They are all the same width but the depth can vary, not by much but sometimes it matters so worth checking. I have never spent that much on a dishwasher and I cant think why you would want to. Pretty much any Bosch, AEG or NEFF in the £4-600 range would be my choice.

Soldato
OP
They are all the same width but the depth can vary, not by much but sometimes it matters so worth checking. I have never spent that much on a dishwasher and I cant think why you would want to. Pretty much any Bosch, AEG or NEFF in the £4-600 range would be my choice.

Yeah I don't understand why they are so expensive. People say these Miele ones last twice as long, but they still only come with a 2 year warranty, so IDK.

Soldato
Associate
I replaced mine last October, was a cheap no brand thing and didn't clean too well even after taking it to bits to see what was wrong. I went with a bosch with the cutlery draw rather than the basket at the bottom. Recommend it, very quiet too.

P.S would never go back to a dish washer with the cutlery basket :D

https://ao.com/product/smv46kx00g-bosch-serie-4-standard-dishwasher-black-46668-23.aspx

Second this, I have the older version of it and it's great and very quiet and cleans 99% of the time.

Soldato
I recently got a new dishwasher, got a Siemens one. It's a rebadged Bosch £200 cheaper than the equivalent Bosch model and came with a 5 year warranty compared to 2 on the Bosch.

Soldato
I have a serie 6 Bosch, silent and the cutlery tray is just awesome.

every so often run a finish cleaner pod through for a wash. Still looks new.

Soldato
Our Bosch one's coming up to 8 years, think it was in the region of £450. IIRC we had to get a fix under warranty early on, and last year the heat pump went, which I managed to diagnose and replace myself (£70), quite a fiddly job, but preferable to a whole replacement.

Otherwise, it's been decent. Runs probably 10 times per week on average (14 under lockdown!).

Soldato
Read that the cheaper Bosch models (serie 2 I think) have issues with plastic components failing and leaking.

I don't get the cutlery draw, it takes longer to load / unload and didnt dry as well as the basket versions in the one I used.

I do like the sound of the extra drying features like the door automatically opening or using air blowers to finish things off but will have to wait until the old one dies.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I recently got a new dishwasher, got a Siemens one. It's a rebadged Bosch £200 cheaper than the equivalent Bosch model and came with a 5 year warranty compared to 2 on the Bosch.
This is very good advice, seems to be getting ignored so thought i would bump it :)

Not sure i follow people on the cutlery tray having never had one, do these lift off like the basket does on a normal machine? If not then how are these anything other than a massive inconvenience of having to trek back and forth to put the cutlery away?

Soldato
It means you have more room in the bottom of the dish washer. I can normally grab all cutlery easily in both hands and take to the cutlery draw. I do load them so that all spoons, knives and forks etc are together and not random. I literally just grab two types in one hand using different fingers and then drop them in the cutlery draws holder. Takes me 10 seconds and 1 trip.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Perhaps this works in practice, i am sure that it does, its just that i have never had a machine like that. Currently with lifting an absolutely rammed basket out, taking that over to the drawer area, and then putting away and sorting from there...i cant picture not being able to do that :)

I get having more space at the bottom, but in a "normal" machine you can just load extra bowls and sieves and pans over the top of the mugs and glasses right into the roof of the machine anyway. Swings and roundabouts i guess :)

Associate
I got a Samsung integrated one (with cutlery drawer....awesome!) and fitted it myself. Absolute doddle to do. Came with a big stencil so you can attach the cubpoard door in the right place.

Associate
I've ad a Hotpoint for about 10 years, been going well until last year. Fortuitously I had some insurance on appliances with Hotpoint, the machine was rebuilt (new motor and electrics and so on )hopefully will last a lot longer.

Soldato
I've ad a Hotpoint for about 10 years, been going well until last year. Fortuitously I had some insurance on appliances with Hotpoint, the machine was rebuilt (new motor and electrics and so on )hopefully will last a lot longer.

you are a brave man getting a hotpoint appliance haha!

Associate
I had my kitchen done about 3 months ago and decided to splurge on a dishwasher (why never before I don't know!!). Ended up getting one from John Lewis, JLDWW1327, and it's been fantastic! It's quiet and gets the job done really well. Door auto opens to complete the drying cycle and does a quick programme in just under 1 hour.

Edit: Integrated one is the JLBIDW1419

Back
Top Bottom