LG 34GN850-B 34" 3440X1440 NANO IPS 160HZ 1MS FREESYNC/G-SYNC

Associate
I just read the full review on Rtings, since it seems to be unlocked now. Is it correct that there is no BFI on this monitor? I'm a biut confused as that would be a backwards step to me and not what I was expecting..
Or am I just confused?

Associate
I just read the full review on Rtings, since it seems to be unlocked now. Is it correct that there is no BFI on this monitor? I'm a biut confused as that would be a backwards step to me and not what I was expecting..
Or am I just confused?

does it matter when the test also states there is absolutely no image flicker?

Soldato
Just ordered this, couldn't get round the reported fan noise of it's bigger brother (LG 38GL950G) as well as the size being too big for my purposes on the 38" variant.

Soldato
Monitor delivered, toying around with it, I'm a bit of a dummy, does it have a dedicated gsync chip or is it just compatible? I'm experiencing stuttering in my games oddly.

I think going from a monitor with a gsync chip to gsync compatible was a bit of a downgrade, it's not as smooth as a dedicated gsync chip that's for sure.

Last edited:
Associate
I've gone from a pure gsync monitor to a freesync/gsync monitor and found no problems with it. Shouldn't really be any different. Have you got the adaptive sync enabled through the monitor menu not just through nvidia control panel??

Last edited:
Associate
I thought bfi was there to reduce motion blur?

If the monitor has none then it would be a pointless feature i guess.

Are you saying that this monitor has no motior blur? That's not possible.
Motion blur isn't just due to pixel response times or 'flicker free', it's due to the way humans see things as well.
I'm not sure if you were replying to a message I can't see?

Anyway, I don't want to sound arrogant but it was a simple question in what I thought was the right place.
If you want to understand why I or others might care about BFI, then just read the section under RTINGS where it explains 'why it matters'. Or, do some reading on blurbusters.

Soldato
OP
I'm over a week in with it now and I have to say i'm over the moon with it!

I can definately notice the improvement in refresh rate and response time over that of my old Acer X34a.

By now means a cheap purchase, but it will last me years to come.

Problem is ill need a 3080ti to push 160fps at high settings in the games I play ££££

Soldato
I've gone from a pure gsync monitor to a freesync/gsync monitor and found no problems with it. Shouldn't really be any different. Have you got the adaptive sync enabled through the monitor menu not just through nvidia control panel??

Yea, oddly it's some games and not others. Never noticed it with dedicated gsync, I'll get used to it but I will certainly stick to dedicated gsync panels going forward. This monitor was to test the waters in ultrawide for me and I absolutely love it!

I'll be getting a 38" one next year once I have a 3080 ti in the loop.

Permabanned
Yea, oddly it's some games and not others. Never noticed it with dedicated gsync, I'll get used to it but I will certainly stick to dedicated gsync panels going forward. This monitor was to test the waters in ultrawide for me and I absolutely love it!

What games? Im interested in hearing about this i used gsync regular 240hz and gsync comp monitors and i dont remember seeing what i seen in Overwatch at 250fps. I also still dont think CSGO is as smooth as i would like but i think its that game. Some games simply feel bad and others on the same engine can feel superb. Maybe worth a thread to get feedback
on.

Soldato

Can you describe the difference?
Im also curious especially between the 38GN (compatible) and 38GL (full)

Soldato
OP
I guess it depends how important the input lag and whether you can push the extra frames in games to make use of the refresh rate improvement?

Soldato
This Gsync compatible vs Gsync has me worried a little, is the difference that noticeable?

It shouldn't be, and I'm putting it down to a settings issue that agnes has, as I have seen a few people mention they can notice no difference between the two. Stuttering shouldn't even be a thing with GsyncGSYNC compatibility - if he mentioned flickering then we could determine a cause, but stuttering? The only way he could experience that through GSYNC compatible is by activating LFC (<48Hz) and having incredibly inconsistent frametimes.

The difference between a GSYNC module and GSYNC compatible, when set up correctly, is virtually nill these days. They're pretty much identical, except GSYNC modules have variable overdrive.

Besides, I think the module is a dying tech... expensive to implement and almost no benefit over really well implemented adaptive sync these days. Plus, the v2 modules have fans which is just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom