**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Is there an app that can show me what bands are available on a phone?

I haven't found one yet. I think you can see what band is being used but I haven't seen an app which will list what bands are available.

It's not that uncommon for the global version of a phone to support different bands to the Chinese version so just because the K30 pro doesn't support band 20 does not mean that this phone doesn't as well.

Soldato
The Poco f2 does support band 20 according to the website.

The k30 pro doesn't. So provided you have the Poco version then you are all good.

Soldato
I agree, it just was that people were saying earlier that it didn't despite what the websites were saying.

Its quite a nice phone, got mine yesterday so have been playing with it since then
It's very nice. The full screen was a massive hit on the k20 pro so continuing that was a wise move. I think a 90hz screen would have been the icing on the cake. I've never used 90 so currently in the not missing out group.

There's some refurbed OnePlus 7t's for 375 ISH on eBay at the moment that I'm tempted by but then also the k30 pro and the realme X2 pro are also very appealing.

Soldato
Need a 5" phone for the wife currently had a dying Pixel 1. So something a little faster than that would be nice, good size battery and decent camera.

Soldato
Need a 5" phone for the wife currently had a dying Pixel 1. So something a little faster than that would be nice, good size battery and decent camera.

Using GSMArena's Phone Finder, I set -

Less than 5.2" Screen
2018 or newer
4000+ mAh battery
300 Euros or above (I assume you're not looking budget?)

And it gave 4 options. None of them look very appealing to me.

**EDIT** In fact, set a max weight of 180g and there is nothing...

This is why devices outside of your request were suggested :)

**EDIT** Also, a 5" screen is a pretty silly limit IMO. The suggested S10e is almost exactly the same size as your outgoing Pixel... but you disregard it as the screen itself (not the phone) is too big?!

The Mi 9 SE is only 4mm wider too...

Last edited:
Soldato
Using GSMArena's Phone Finder, I set -

Less than 5.2" Screen
2018 or newer
4000+ mAh battery
300 Euros or above (I assume you're not looking budget?)

And it gave 4 options. None of them look very appealing to me.

**EDIT** In fact, set a max weight of 180g and there is nothing...

This is why devices outside of your request were suggested :)

**EDIT** Also, a 5" screen is a pretty silly limit IMO. The suggested S10e is almost exactly the same size as your outgoing Pixel... but you disregard it as the screen itself (not the phone) is too big?!

The Mi 9 SE is only 4mm wider too...
Thanks for the info, actually looking at the Pixel 3a at the minute.

Associate
Bear in mind you'll get a bigger screen for the same overall size with a modern phone because they have smaller bezels... except for an iPhone SE 2020 obviously

Soldato
Roughly a year on from buying my Xiaomi Mi A2 for ~£170, after my Maze Alpha bricked after following a fall from my shirt pocket while in fake leather pouch, I'm not that impressed (albeit I cannot afford to ditch is and try and find a better sub £200 replacement at mo)...

Even before the pandemic, there weren't monthly updates, as per the Android One program
It goes through the 4000mAh battery so quickly each day, especially when in use to browse the internet via Chrome
The update to Android 10 has been a mess, first there was regular freezes and more recently, quick charge is very tempremental
For a while there was a horrid echo on phonecalls

About the only real positive is that it can run Zwift for Android, so if the Surface Pro 4 isn't available to connect everything via ANT+, I can use the A2 to connect up the turbo and HRM to Zwift via Bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom