• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Caporegime
What does Low Latency Mode add something extra with Hardware Scheduling?.

Nothing extra, it's just always worth having on in your drivers..

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...me-games-ryse-son-of-rome-for-example.432504/

How to Turn On or Off Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10

If the graphics card and its WDDM 2.7 driver for your Windows 10 build 19041 and higher computer supports hardware acceleration, you can turn on hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling to reduce latency and improve video and game output performance.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...-accelerated-gpu-scheduling-windows-10-a.html

Caporegime
It looks like there are two different 450.99 drivers floating around as well. There's the standard game ready developer drivers that can be downloaded from the developer section and a DCH driver that windows will automatically install through updates on insider builds.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It looks like there are two different 450.99 drivers floating around as well. There's the standard game ready developer drivers that can be downloading from the developer section and a DCH driver that windows will automatically install through updates on insider builds.

Most people who are using them are using the drivers linked above, not the DCH :)

Soldato
It looks like there are two different 450.99 drivers floating around as well. There's the standard game ready developer drivers that can be downloaded from the developer section and a DCH driver that windows will automatically install through updates on insider builds.

Bloody windows... wish Microsoft would at least give us an option to stop this behaviour.

Whenever I do any driver updates, I disable my network connection because of this.

I had an incident in the past where I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers to install the latest, but as I was connected to the internet, Windows went and downloaded some drivers and started applying them in the background, whilst I too was manually applying the drivers. Borked windows complete FUBAR and had to do a clean install. Since then, I disable my network connection.

Associate
Bloody windows... wish Microsoft would at least give us an option to stop this behaviour.

Whenever I do any driver updates, I disable my network connection because of this.

I had an incident in the past where I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers to install the latest, but as I was connected to the internet, Windows went and downloaded some drivers and started applying them in the background, whilst I too was manually applying the drivers. Borked windows complete FUBAR and had to do a clean install. Since then, I disable my network connection.

Don’t you nVidia install drivers over the top? Uninstalling old ones first seems unnecessary

Associate
Same here, just over the top and never had an issue. Whats the point in a clean install when you are just replacing the same files again. Only time I would clean install is if I had an issue with previous drivers.

Caporegime
Nvidia Geforce 451.22 Driver [Clean Edition]
Clean GTX Driver without additional bloat and telemetry

451.22 is indeed packaged with Cuda 11.0

Clean 451.22 GTX WHQL - x64 Desktop
https://mega.nz/file/rkh0mA5D#H1_2dHg_hDwH1UU1yCwdd8qk69Az6EdhB1Oosyh7b44

Clean RTX Version
Clean 451.22 RTX WHQL - x64 Desktop

Clean RTX Driver without additional bloat and telemetry (RTX features kept intact). Specific for RTX cards.
https://mega.nz/file/HkokRIwT#g-zXoU-BxTBfVCy4QLQYiM8zQEk_JKWKjgajFbKp7Xk

SOURCE
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-451-22-driver-clean-edition.432624/

Associate
I always use DDU wipe everything in windows normal mode, reboot with network unplugged to stop windows auto install rubbish

then install latest normal drivers now with all the experience stuff seems to work fine every time I like to record my highlights in cod :F
(so stopped with the clean version)

Permabanned
I always use DDU wipe everything in windows normal mode, reboot with network unplugged to stop windows auto install rubbish

then install latest normal drivers now with all the experience stuff seems to work fine every time I like to record my highlights in cod :F
(so stopped with the clean version)
This, i always use DDU myself.

Back
Top Bottom