Windows 10 lite with UEFI boot?

Associate
Hi

I have freenas running on my home server and I need to install a VM instance of windows 10 on it.

I managed to install a windows 10 instance on it, but the install alone took 22.5GB of space. It didn't run very well either becasue the system only had 8GB ram total (2GB dedicated to the VM instance).

So ordered more RAM to 16GB and going to retry. This time I'm going to try and install a lite install of windows 10.

The few I've tried would not boot on the freenas, it doesn't have a suitable bootable .efi, is there a way to add uefi boot files into any windows disc? Or is there any OTC lite install that has UEFI boot preloaded on?

Associate
OP
after trying various ISOs for the best part of the last 2 days. I posted the thread above and decided to look once more.

I found a lite windows 10 install with uefi and installs on my freenas. It's an OPREKIN version, and they've put their brand all over the install.

Is this group trustworthy?

Associate
OP
it's running inside VM and won't contain anything personal to me. So it's no biggie if it has viruses inside it.

Doing my own lite build does seem like a lot of work and time investment for not much return.

Back
Top Bottom