• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Major problem with Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro card

Associate
Hi

just put my new system together and i have a problem. The machine wont POST when a display port cable is connected, it comes up with a VGA error light on the motherboard, if however I connect a HDMI cable it passes POST and will boot into the BIOS. Have I a faulty card or am I missing something?

first time using this style card and cable, so possibly missing something.

thanks

martin

Soldato
It was the card that came with it? Should I still replace it? (Sorry it came with the monitor)
Cables that come with cards and monitors generally aren't great quality in my experience. DisplayPort cables can also be incredibly finicky. I ended up spending £30 on a properly VESA-certified one from Club3D (model CAC-1069) after going through six or seven cheap ones that all had issues with higher resolutions and refresh rates. Never had a single problem since then. I'm sure there are cheap cables that can do the job, but it's a lot more of a lottery than HDMI cables.

Soldato
Could always make sure your bios is completely up to date in case this could be the issue.

what’s the rest of your system specs?

Associate
Cables that come with cards and monitors generally aren't great quality in my experience. DisplayPort cables can also be incredibly finicky. I ended up spending £30 on a properly VESA-certified one from Club3D (model CAC-1069) after going through six or seven cheap ones that all had issues with higher resolutions and refresh rates. Never had a single problem since then. I'm sure there are cheap cables that can do the job, but it's a lot more of a lottery than HDMI cables.

Likewise. DP cables are most definitely not all equal.

Back
Top Bottom