Replacing a TP lInk ac router with Xiaomi AX3600

Associate
Hey guys just thought I'd bring this up I Have acquired a Xiaomi AX3600 AIot router to replacing my aging TP LInk Archer C9 as it on its last legs. Was hoping to go Wifi 6 as I have a couple of wifi 6 devices already and something that would have a higher signal strength. I came across the AX3600 online and have watched a few videos and different reviews and for the price of under 100 it looks like it doesnt have much that can match it, downside is the main interface is chinesse only but the Miwifi app supports english language, they also do a AX1800 for under £50. Will give my thoughts on the unit once it arrives.

Soldato
I think it's important to bear in mind that the output power and antenna gain on all wireless devices is strictly controlled by law. So there are no devices with a higher signal strength. They're basically all the same. WiFi6 is basically 3 protocols. One speeds up communications between WiFi6 devices, one stops the overall system slowing down when slower devices connect and the third supports very high speed communication over short distances on the 6GHz band. None of these will give better coverage. Clients almost always run out of transmitter power before the router does. So the router ends up having a one-way conversation and everyone blames the router.

Associate
OP
maybe when i said higher signal strength maybe should have said higher signal quality as currently my old router has trouble reaching the corners of my home, hopefully with newer technology onboard this router it will be able to deliver that

Soldato
A boat on the sea can see a lighthouse miles away. Because the lighthouse is VERY big, very bright and quite high up. The crew of the boat can shine their torches back at the lighthouse but the lighthouse keeper won't ever see them. That's your router and your handheld device. The signal from the router can be as powerful and clear as you like, because even if the handheld device can hear it, it can't ever send the ACK signal back to it because it has a relatively tiny transmitter and a small antenna. If you want better WLAN coverage, add an access point.

Back
Top Bottom