Troy total war free

Soldato
I added a bad ninja edit regarding DLC.

WHII is £20 at CD Keys (or less at some of the dodgy sites). Really can't go wrong at that price, considering the amount of content you now get. It's a much more "complete" campaign than it was at launch. If you do buy it, there's a few bits of free DLC. I think you can use the free DLC from the first game too. Would be worth nabbing it to see if it works.

Looks good and fairly easy to dive in and play which is something I like, tons of content though!!!

Caporegime
Apparently yes, every time Epic gives something away its annoys people because their launcher is poor, and steam is best and exclusivity and Tim Sweeney and China and mod support and user reviews( the same user reviews that get bombed by the way and are full of whining)
yea and seeing someone whine about people whining doesn't really add much.

if you don't agree with them maybe do it silently.

many people are annoyed they backed games that said they would launch on steam.
then epic buys exclusivity and the game doesn't come with a steam cdkey.

epic do themselves no favours with this.

if a game already claimed it would launch on steam leave it alone

if a game hasnt announced it will launch somewhere then by all means try and get exclusivity(but not if its a game already funded by kickstarter or whatever, these devs are just greedy), doesn't mean people are going to install yet another launcher rather than waiting for it to come to steam 1 year later.

epic showed bad business practice that only hurt consumers.

surely you can see this? you might not care so much because free games, but some people do.

anyway let's get back on topic

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looks from that video like its more focused on the battle side of things than the strategy side of things, its been quite a number of years since I last really enjoyed a Total War title (I've found they've become a bit stale and predictable) but hell for free, I'll pick it up, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Caporegime
Sounds like someone saying they'll do one thing then changing their mind for xyz reason.

Wait, you've never done that before, right? Nobody has EVER done that before...? ...RIGHT?

Get off your moral high horse.
launch crowd funding campaign for game.
get enough backers and more money than our target.
people backed with the promise the game would launch of steam
epic offers them monies they shouldn't need because the game is fully funded.
take the money anyway.

you don't think thats wrong? I think it's kinda justified to not like epic or the devs that do this.
if your funding your own game then by all means do whats best for you.

maybe you argue its fine if they offer refunds, well technically yes, but the game wouldn't have been on epics radar without the backers.

surely they owe some kind of allegiance to the people who made their dream possible,

I don't see how its unreasonable to not like such business practices.

obviously in this case with troy its different, but no mod support is pretty bad for the TW community so lets hope they can add it fast or people can mod the game anyway and use the nexus sites again

Associate
yea and seeing someone whine about people whining doesn't really add much.

if you don't agree with them maybe do it silently.

many people are annoyed they backed games that said they would launch on steam.
then epic buys exclusivity and the game doesn't come with a steam cdkey.

epic do themselves no favours with this.

if a game already claimed it would launch on steam leave it alone

if a game hasnt announced it will launch somewhere then by all means try and get exclusivity(but not if its a game already funded by kickstarter or whatever, these devs are just greedy), doesn't mean people are going to install yet another launcher rather than waiting for it to come to steam 1 year later.

epic showed bad business practice that only hurt consumers.

surely you can see this? you might not care so much because free games, but some people do.

anyway let's get back on topic
LOL take your own advice and if you don't agree do it silently.

And you are correct I don't care because if you dig deep enough into every company you will find badness. The game is free along with many others over the last year.
It's the devs that took the money from Epic so it's not just Epic to blame.When the game releases on steam you should also not buy it as the game developer supports bad practices.
Im happy to not discuss this further I just find it funny every time Epic announce a free games people have a moan about yet another launcher etc.
Completely off topic but I see EA is start to put some of their games back on steam which is good news for some.

Soldato
It was available up to 6PM yesterday.

Oh well, I got the full package for a tenner a couple of years ago, it's more than worth that.

Typical, although I was doing a new build yesterday and I usually check the store from the app... slipped my view.

Associate
Like the sound of Warhammer II...

It was £13.99 on sale on Steam a couple of days ago. That has now ended, but it is reduced quite often if you can wait.

If you do buy it - and it is worth it - download the 'Grimhammer' mod from the Steam workshop. It re-balances and improves the vanilla game significantly in my experience. That mod is currently being updated in response to the latest DLC content launch, but should be available within the next week.

Soldato
It was £13.99 on sale on Steam a couple of days ago. That has now ended, but it is reduced quite often if you can wait.

If you do buy it - and it is worth it - download the 'Grimhammer' mod from the Steam workshop. It re-balances and improves the vanilla game significantly in my experience. That mod is currently being updated in response to the latest DLC content launch, but should be available within the next week.

No doubt Steam will have a summer sale soon and I'll look into it then as I hate paying full price for games if I can help it.

Permabanned
I used to make my own campaigns in Rome 1 and edit all the unit stats. Right up until Medieval 2 it was good. Shogun is where i have sat for ages as all the recent stuff looks trash and i dont like fantasy settings.

I cant imagine how a diverse staff can be expected to make a war game good when wars then were a man thing that even today most of the talent and passion for battle history is men. How does Karen who prefers sims work as an employee? Well badly it seems as the games get worse and worse and as time goes on they release more videos that give you a window into the company.

CA are the kind of company who want awards for diversity of staff, Promoting women in management roles etc and still expect to make games that are a niche male genre. Even for free i wont touch this hero trash And the Kingdom game were they cashed in on the other big market ( China ) also sucked. So there you go inbetween the rock and a hard place (Diversity and Chinese Audience) are the cash cows but the games core belongs to neither! Expect more bad games because diversity kills quality thats reality and reality is something that the butts of this company could never handle!

RIP Total War

Permabanned
Edit: I'll let the mods deal with you.

I doubt they will censor ze post for you, I said the truth and if you do not like it what can i say? Thats the internet for ya eh? But you want to delete rather than challange other viewpoints which is lovely. The mods will rightfully ignore you as we are all entitled to our views.

If we censor everything that hurts the feelings of members, Were not gonna have anything but a one sides discussion and viewpoints. Thats not a forum, Thats your echo chamber.

Soldato
I doubt they will censor ze post for you, I said the truth and if you do not like it what can i say? Thats the internet for ya eh? But you want to delete rather than challange other viewpoints which is lovely. The mods will rightfully ignore you as we are all entitled to our views.

If we censor everything that hurts the feelings of members, Were not gonna have anything but a one sides discussion and viewpoints. Thats not a forum, Thats your echo chamber.

The problem is that you think your misogynistic, bigoted post is a valid viewpoint. It's not.

Soldato
It looks ok so far but I feel its a big missed opportunity to not include mythological creatures. They probably thought doing that would conflict with the warhammer series, the budget was not there either most likely. As a big age of mythology fan can't say that I'm not disappointed.

Soldato
Can you tell me which launchers you do use?

Yeah of course. 95% of my games are in Steam. I also had UPlay so I could play Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed. UPlay didn't start with Windows, only on demand but I've uninstalled it. And I have Battle Net because I play WoW. I'm debating Legion and whether I'll bother. If there are two games released I'm interested in and one is on Steam and the other isn't, I'm buying the one on Steam.

Anyway, as for this game in particular, I like the historical time period but when I played the Britannia Saga, something just didn't feel right. It didn't have the depth and I got bored quicker than any other TW game I've played. I've not ventured into Three Kingdoms, and I wrote off Warhammer as it wasn't historical. Maybe I should look at Warhammer II or Three Kingdoms. I'm mainly interested in the campaign element rather than the battles, odd I know but that's the part I enjoy playing.

Back
Top Bottom