• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
my Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ SE just hates my asus essence stx II card. Black screen most times, removing it now only crashes every few days but i miss the sound quality. Will try drivers etc again at somepoint to see if there is a fix but honestly im just fed up. Spent far to long trying to get card to behave. When it works, yes great fast, good for VR but then sound goes, pc locks up and meh.

Caporegime
Just bought a Gigabyte 5700XT so is all the driver problems with the May drivers but the April ones are okay ?
I've had very solid stability and good performance with April drivers. I normally update each month and keep the previous months .exe just in case. I installed Mays drivers. Then the witcher 3 became unplayed. The adrenalin software kept defaulting to OVERCLOCKED vram settings which was ballsing up the stability and I couldnt even open a web browser without the machine dying. So I rollback to April and all is well again with the world :)

BTW if you can't get it but want the April driver exe I can host it for you.

Soldato
I've had very solid stability and good performance with April drivers. I normally update each month and keep the previous months .exe just in case. I installed Mays drivers. Then the witcher 3 became unplayed. The adrenalin software kept defaulting to OVERCLOCKED vram settings which was ballsing up the stability and I couldnt even open a web browser without the machine dying. So I rollback to April and all is well again with the world :)

BTW if you can't get it but want the April driver exe I can host it for you.

I might need you to host Aprils driver as well.

I just got my 5700XT and went straight for -

Revision Number
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.4.2 Recommended (WHQL)
File Size
479 MB
Release Date
5/26/2020

15 minutes into COD Warzone and it started stuttering every 2 -3 seconds :(

Soldato
my Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ SE just hates my asus essence stx II card. Black screen most times, removing it now only crashes every few days but i miss the sound quality. Will try drivers etc again at somepoint to see if there is a fix but honestly im just fed up. Spent far to long trying to get card to behave. When it works, yes great fast, good for VR but then sound goes, pc locks up and meh.

What drivers for the Asus essence stx II are you using? if from the Asus support site try google Xonar UNI and choose the link to the MaxedTech site.

Soldato
Thank you!

As I'm new to AMD GPU's do their drivers give you the option to 'clean install' or am I better off manually removing every trace of 20.4.2 before installing Aprils driver?

Use the factory reset in the driver setup and don't keep user settings when installing a new driver. Installing over has some reports of causing trouble. I've encountered it myself, once. Factory Reset hasn't failed on me yet.

Caporegime
Use the factory reset in the driver setup and don't keep user settings when installing a new driver. Installing over has some reports of causing trouble. I've encountered it myself, once. Factory Reset hasn't failed on me yet.
I didn't know this but its what I'll do if I have any further issues, thank you!

Soldato
I really don't understand how AMD's drivers can still be this garbage after making graphics cards for so long.

I have a laptop connected to my monitor via HDMI, and my 5700XT connected via DP. When I switch to the laptop on the monitor and then switch back to the PC, I get a black screen which means I have to hard power down the PC and boot it up again.

Associate
Same set up here, on latest drivers but no issue. I switch between laptop with HDMI and Desktop via display port all the time whilst working from home.

I would suggest trying a different Display Port cable or holding win, ctrl, shift + B key to reset the gpu driver.

Soldato
Same set up here, on latest drivers but no issue. I switch between laptop with HDMI and Desktop via display port all the time whilst working from home.

I would suggest trying a different Display Port cable or holding win, ctrl, shift + B key to reset the gpu driver.

I just switched to the 20.5.1 drivers and tested it very briefly. I was able to switch between the two inputs successfully but let's see how long it lasts.

Associate
I just switched to the 20.5.1 drivers and tested it very briefly. I was able to switch between the two inputs successfully but let's see how long it lasts.
I didn't have any issues in previous drivers either, that's the biggest problem with the drivers atm, for most they work fine, but they are inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom