Need 215/45/20. Which ones to go for?

Soldato
I had my tyres slashed again At work. 2 weeks ago I put a set of 4S on the back when they were slashed.

The only options I can find for the front are

Goodyear Efficient grip Performance

Continental ContiEcoContact 6

Bridgestone, Potenza S001,
Tecopia, Turanza Ecopia

Last edited:
Soldato
I had my tyres slashed again At work. 2 weeks ago I put a set of 4S on the back when they where slashed.

The only options I can find for the front are

Goodyear Efficient grip Performance

Continental ContiEcoContact 6

Bridgestone, Potenza S001,
Tecopia, Turanza Ecopia

Not that related, but is it a flash car, did you annoy someone? Type of car might also help decide what tyres best, 215/45 on a 20 seems small.

Soldato
i8 I guess? How wides the rim? Could you go a bit wider with less profile maybe.

I’d be tempted by the Conti, none of the options are great but at least they’re cheap.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It’s a i8.

probably a patient but not idea.

Stock is
215/45/20
245/40/20

I heard people have gone to
245/40/20
275/35/20

But I have no idea what this would do to the handling

Last edited:
Soldato
Similar problem with the 4C, fronts are very narrow. I’d say it would be improved overall, but that’s 3cm wider so depends what the rim width is whether they’d fit properly. Diameter is close enough to not mess anything up.

You can get PS4S in that size though, so a matching set . I’d say it’s worth it if you drive in a sporting manner often, wider fronts with better compound will be an improvement.

Man of Honour
I've not used that particular model of the Turanza but I found them epic in actual wet conditions but vague and heavy if it is actually dry - like dry enough to be dusty. Fuel economy not as good as the claims and noisier than they should be really - not badly so but you can hear the difference.

Fortunately I did many many miles of A roads in the pouring rain at the start of the year so they kind of paid for themselves as they are actually really really good in the wet but I wouldn't have put them on otherwise.

As someone mentioned above - out of those I would probably go with the Continentals.

Soldato
OP
off topic

If your tyres are being slashed every two weeks, i hope you have a camera set-up in your car ?
i would get one of those indoor cameras (battery powered ones) and put that on your dash in one corner

Yah Im going to, to be honest, I don't really know but it may be a patinet that I ****** off, I had one arrested for asulting me so could be him. No idea really, but I will get a dash cam.

How wide are the wheels? 275 wide sounds crazy if people doing that. Can’t be safe
7.5 and 8.5 I think

Thanks for the above link, ShiWarrior, I would love to have Pilot 4S all round but they dont make them in my size at the front.

Soldato
It’s a i8.

probably a patient but not idea.

Stock is
215/45/20
245/40/20

I heard people have gone to
245/40/20
275/35/20

But I have no idea what this would do to the handling

I think the chances are it would ruin the handling. I’d fit the best performing correct size tyres.

Back
Top Bottom