Recomendations for gaming laptop. Budget in post..

Associate
Evening all, so I have been contemplating upgrading my pc for sometime now, I have recently moved and found that my PC just isnt viable in my new house. Im gutted as I recently bought a new GPU which I now may have to sell. So my question is what is a good laptop for gaming, the internet is somewhat daunting when it comes to this and I really do not have much of an idea.

I am looking at a budget of £1000 - £1300 max. Also needs to be able to run latest games, thanks in advance.

Don

Soldato
I had the same budget and narrowed it down to these:

Dell G5 15 SE
Asus TUF A15
Lenovo Legion 5i
Lenovo Legion Y540

I went for the Dell as I took a punt on an all AMD setup as it has the Ryzen 7 4800H CPU and 5600m graphics card. I haven't received mine yet so can't comment on performance. The 5600m seems to sit between the Nvidia 1660ti and RTX 2060 but it will probably need some driver updates before it's performing as optimally as it can.

The others can all be had with either the 1660ti or the RTX 2060. Expect to pay closer to £1300 for the 2060 models.

I like the Lenovo design much more than then Dell but couldn't get them with a 144hz screen or a Ryzen 7 CPU.

The Asus looks good but the 16gb, RTX 2060 model was £1200 and I got the Dell for £1034 with a 10% discount code so it was a no brainer really.

Soldato
I see that's the low spec version but thank you all the same.

Didn't strike me as being low spec - certainly for the money! From what I've read the 1660Ti is a capable mobile GPU and the CPU seems fairly decent?

Granted it would stand to have 16GB RAM and a bigger SSD but they are easily fixed! 144Hz screen is a nice plus too!

Back
Top Bottom