2.0 or 2.1 speaker system pc

Soldato
I’m after a 2.0 or 2.1 speaker system for my pc rough budget £100 but if there’s anything slightly more don’t mind spending the extra.

Gaming/Music/YouTube main uses

Soldato
2.1 speakers are OK for gaming, but will generally suck when it comes to music. Unless you want some booming bass, then I'd go for stereo speakers.

Do you have any desk space limitation?

If you need small speakers on your desk, then it becomes a toss up between 2.1 speakers (which have small satellites) or small stereo speakers. I suppose if that is the case, then I'd probably still go for something like Creative T20 or T40. Small, but still decent enough.

If you've got space for something bigger, then something like these Edifier's would be much better. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/edifier-studio-r1280t-2.0-42w-rms-speakers-maple-sp-020-er.html

Soldato
OP
Space is not an issue I have one of those ikea desks where you put a kitchen worktop on top of cupboards. I’m happy to not go 2.1 just assumed maybe it was a better. I see there are some other edifier speakers the same price but specced maybe higher would it be worthwhile to see if these are in stock?

Also there are 3 more options at £120 that are in stock which one of those would be the best choice?
Thanks

Soldato
OP
Edifier R1700BT 2.0 Studio Speaker System - Black

I purchased these as in stock next day delivery with the customer forum loyalty scheme. Assuming with the higher model if the other speakers these would be better or at least more features

Soldato
Yeah the other Edifier speakers are good choices. Must admit I didn't notice the 1700BT was in stock. :o

1700BT is a good choice as they have Bluetooth, which may come in handy.

1850DB would be another choice, as they have subwoofer output, should you want to add one and also optical input. They are more expensive though at £160.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom