but wouldnt expect it to at that price
if it does what you require it for hard to go wrong for that price

Caporegime
Underboss

hmmmz

that one does record continuous onto SD card

oh well, my reolink does it too

Caporegime
i'm just saying the features you mention aren't as good as you think they are you can get them on a £20 camera.

I've now upgraded to proper dahua cameras and a NVR. I can also view that from anywhere in the world. I have 30 days storage, etc.

no need for zoom. the quality is that good on these that you can see everything clear when you blow the image up to a large screen.

my cameras are now surplus if anyone wants them i'm happy to make an ad on the members market.

Soldato
Afternoon all,

Hoping it is OK to throw this in to here, if not could a Mod move it please?, but I've got a few HikVision DS-2CD2032-I and one of them, powered using a Level One POI-2002 POE injector, keeps locking up every few months requiring a power cycle - no webgui, doesn't response to ping and it appears to be random when it happens.
We did move a year or so ago and before that it worked flawlessly and the hardware has stayed the same since albeit different cabling, although all the runs have been checked and appear to be OK.

I'm thinking it's possibly the injector that's playing up but has anyone seen an issue like this and if so, did you manage to fix it?

And a quick question regarding updating Hikvision firmware - all the cameras have CCWR serial numbers (so not Chinese variants) and running fairly old firmware, v5.1.2; am i right in assuming that i need R0 2xx2 platform firmware and versions v5.4.41 170312(Released) from the UK site or the newer IPC_DS-2xx2_EN_STD_5.4.5_170123 from the US site should do the trick?

Much appreciated for any help! :)

Soldato
I might be sending my Reolink back

Camera stopped working, so I reset it, set it back up, and when I go into the app, I can view live , click on settings, all good so far, but I cant do anything, I just get failed messages
thats a pita
mine has been faultless
you tried the pc version of the app/software to see if it works
assuming youre using the mobile app

Soldato
Thought I was sold on the nest setup but I’m now looking at the Ubiquiti g3 cameras, they are a fair bit cheaper. However I do like the idea of being in one ecosystem with the Nest Hello, Cameras, Nest Thermostat etc.

Soldato
Thought I was sold on the nest setup but I’m now looking at the Ubiquiti g3 cameras, they are a fair bit cheaper. However I do like the idea of being in one ecosystem with the Nest Hello, Cameras, Nest Thermostat etc.

IMO that’s the worst thing you can do. Being in one ecosystem brings problems. Security being one of them.

Soldato
IMO that’s the worst thing you can do. Being in one ecosystem brings problems. Security being one of them.
Can you elaborate?

I understand the issues with some of the cloud based services being useless if no internet etc but what is the problem of being invested in UniFi or Google?

Associate
it has come to my attention that the Camera that i have, in its "location" is not really allowed, so have to take it down as its viewing public roads
ah well, at least i have a dashcam 24/7, that will have to do

and for everybody who has or wants a CCTV :
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...stic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

all i am saying is, be careful

What makes you think you have to take it down? Having a read of the guidance it simply states some pretty common sense rules such as storing data securely (don't stick it on youtube) if someone who has been filmed asked you to remove the stored footage, a good reason for the camera being there (you park your car there for instance) and only storing data for a reasonable amount of time, not indefinitely.

Don't see anything in that which is reason for you to remove. It more applies to businesses than domestic.

Back
Top Bottom