Troy total war free

Soldato
I doubt they will censor ze post for you, I said the truth and if you do not like it what can i say? Thats the internet for ya eh? But you want to delete rather than challange other viewpoints which is lovely. The mods will rightfully ignore you as we are all entitled to our views.

If we censor everything that hurts the feelings of members, Were not gonna have anything but a one sides discussion and viewpoints. Thats not a forum, Thats your echo chamber.

Your opinion doesn't equal the truth.

You're entitled to your views, but that doesn't mean you're automatically entitled to express them on a message boards funded by someone else, lest they fear those views become associated with themselves. In this instance, they'll likely do nothing, as is their wont. But don't be so idiotic as to think free speech means you can say whatever you like, wherever you like, without consequence.

Soldato
It's an irrational viewpoint. I'm not sure how it's invalid just because people disagree with it?

He's claiming the women employed by CA are incapable of making a game for men for the simple reason that they are women.

Its not worth it, Just laugh at them being intolerant of views they disagree with. All opinions are valid guys So suck it up and move on.

And if you had claimed Total War games were rubbish because CA employed too many black people as a result of diversity, would that be a valid viewpoint?

Permabanned
He's claiming the women employed by CA are incapable of making a game for men for the simple reason that they are women.

And if you had claimed Total War games were rubbish because CA employed too many black people as a result of diversity, would that be a valid viewpoint?

Liar no one said this, I said the reasons the games are bad is becaude they share no interest or passion for a male dominated theme like ancient war. Why would a woman have passion for ancient battles? Anyone met many? I guess CA hired them all right?

This is where i stop trying to defend my rightful viewpoint, When others lie and distort what you said to try to bait you into a suspension. Gl with that.

Soldato
Liar no one said this, I said the reasons the games are bad is becaude they share no interest or passion for a male dominated theme like ancient war. Why would a woman have passion for ancient battles? Anyone met many? I guess CA hired them all right?

This is where i stop trying to defend my rightful viewpoint, When others lie and distort what you said to try to bait you into a suspension. Gl with that.

Wow. And you know this for a fact? That all women know nothing about history or battles?

How does Karen who prefers sims work as an employee?

diversity kills quality thats reality

RIP Total War

Soldato
Found this an interesting watch (but use the app/YT site so you can speed it up - it's way too long):

Hard to deny the ongoing success of Warhammer :p Pretty impressive how well some of the old games are holding up too.

Three Kingdoms faded fast :eek: Makes me wonder if the Chinese market isn't as receptive to the franchise as CA thought.

Thrones of Brittania was a huge flop. Not hugely shocked that Sega took Epic's money for Troy TBH. It was probably going the same way.

Soldato
Found this an interesting watch (but use the app/YT site so you can speed it up - it's way too long):

Hard to deny the ongoing success of Warhammer :p Pretty impressive how well some of the old games are holding up too.

Three Kingdoms faded fast :eek: Makes me wonder if the Chinese market isn't as receptive to the franchise as CA thought.

Thrones of Brittania was a huge flop. Not hugely shocked that Sega took Epic's money for Troy TBH. It was probably going the same way.
It's a shame about Three Kingdoms. I thought it was the best TW in years (not a Warhammer fan personally). Not surprised about Britannia and I'd say you're spot on about Troy/Epic.

Soldato
Yeah of course. 95% of my games are in Steam. I also had UPlay so I could play Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed. UPlay didn't start with Windows, only on demand but I've uninstalled it. And I have Battle Net because I play WoW. I'm debating Legion and whether I'll bother. If there are two games released I'm interested in and one is on Steam and the other isn't, I'm buying the one on Steam.

Anyway, as for this game in particular, I like the historical time period but when I played the Britannia Saga, something just didn't feel right. It didn't have the depth and I got bored quicker than any other TW game I've played. I've not ventured into Three Kingdoms, and I wrote off Warhammer as it wasn't historical. Maybe I should look at Warhammer II or Three Kingdoms. I'm mainly interested in the campaign element rather than the battles, odd I know but that's the part I enjoy playing.

Thanks for the reply :), Epic doesn't have to start with windows.

I've tried the odd TW game, but never really had the patience for them. Which is a little odd, since I really enjoy mount and blade, which whilst is a bit more action orientated in the battles, is also a slow burner. Constantly tempted by tw warhammer though.

Soldato

Yeah that was really interesting. Empire has held up well. That has to be due a second one soon. Britannia just didn't have the depth, and if you're not British, who cares right? It's too narrow. The units are all the same. And it doesn't feel like you're developing your nation much.

I may have to look at Three Kingdoms. It clearly was hugely popular initially, presumably due to the Chinese market. But it's faded quite badly. Again, too narrow a focus?

Caporegime

I thought a lot of women did archery and also a lot of women did battle re-enactments, it's whoevers in charge of the project that determines the vision anyway.

but anyay troy with no myth sucks.
troy with no ultra realistic units and magic sucks for the other people who want historical accuracy.

seems they did some cheap trade off and the units still don't hold pikes like we know they did in real life....
you'd think total war games were done by some tiny studio of about 10 people with how little they changed over the years.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

interesting to see number of players for each game. Anyone know what caused the massive spike of players to shogun 2 right at the end there? Was a new mod released or something?

Caporegime
Really looking forward to this. One of my favourite periods for strategy games to be based around.

Was thinking about getting thrones of brittania but many on here don't seem keen. is it really that bad?

Associate
Having been burned by Britannia, even if its free I'll give Troy a pass thanks. I just have no interest going back from a polished game like Warhammer2 to a vanilla base game with no mod support with Troy.
Who knows maybe it will get rave reviews and I'll change my mind later.

Back
Top Bottom