OcUK's #1 Driving Song - Stage 1: The Entries **CLOSING MIDNIGHT**

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OcUK's #1 Driving Song - Stage 1: The Entries

Edit: format updated slightly

Please nominate your ultimate driving songs, to prevent spamming we will limit the number of entries and hopefully this way you'll really have to think before posting. I'm struggling and its my idea haha!

Maximum of 3 entries per user.

They do not need to be within the same post, you can take your time.

Once we have n number of entries we will start 'Stage 2: The Nominations'. For the entry to get through Stage 2: The Nominations to Stage 3: Round 1 they will need to be championed by at least one other poster within the stage 2 thread.

(n will be decided at a later date depending on how active this thread becomes.)

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
My 1st nomination:
High Contrast - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

(This was a toss up between Chase & Status as well as Pendulum... this one makes me stomp the floor no matter what the road conditions haha)

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Haha no, I thought perhaps we could do better than Top Gears result (Queen - Don't Stop Me Now) but going off the first replies... erm...

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
My 2nd nomination:

Youssou N'Dour - 7 Seconds (feat. Neneh Cherry)

Perfect on one of those monotonous, late evening drives.

Soldato
Very much depends on where I'm driving and what car I'm driving at the time as to what song I want on in the background, e.g. every time I get in my '65 Mustang I just want to listed to classic rock combined with a lovely V8 burble as the soundtrack while cruising (effectively anything from the Supernatural TV show lol), but in my S4 I tend to favour something a bit more modern.

I am however going to nominate Foreigner - Hot Blooded

Soldato

As it can make a traffic jam fun

I play this before the start of any roadtrip

First song I play in any car I buy in honour of the time it came on the radio as my was driving my Elise past Parkers Piece in Cambridge on a sunny Saturday with the roof off. I'd just been on a spirited drive so the stereo was cranked up blasting out some sick beats when this song came on. I jerked forward so hard to reach the stereo controls that the seatbelt locked and wouldn't release as I drove past a huge crowd of people in a very conspicuous car with Mmmmbop blasting out only for the traffic lights to go red just as I got to the crossroads where I had to stop next to 30+ people waiting to cross. At least at that point I was able to reach across and turn the stereo down.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not so much nominations for the ultimate driving song that would need some more thought but depending on vehicle and mood these are some of my favourites tunes.

(From the TDU2 sound track):

EDIT: Not sure how specific you are being about songs as such - if this is "hood down and sing along" stuff then ignore me.

Back
Top Bottom