• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Caporegime
It seems to be a real shame with regards to the drivers and the RX 5700XT, it seems to be a great value card, totally spoiled by the lack of peace of mind of good solid drivers....
Agreed, I'll still persevere because I get less driver issues than most. And I'll be very very interested in big navi if its got 2080s or ti performance. Despite the driver issues. If I was plagued with issues every single month I'd have a different mindset, but in close to 1 year of ownership, May 2020 is the first month that I've had an actual problem with tbh :)

Caporegime
ahh not sure if to wait or go for the 5700XT. I am using a HD6450(backup card)
Really depends on your GPU price bracket I guess. If they come out with a 2080ti "killer" but nothing inbetween for some time, it might not be the market you're shopping for?

I don't think we'll get a 5700xt refresh until next year. Not sure why, call its pigeons instinct. But I just have a feeling. The 5700xt is still doing really well in terms of value for performance and is holding up fantastically in terms of graphical demands from current titles. And the main focus is getting Big Navi out of the door. So I doubt they want to detract from that.

Soldato
I got one of these yesterday, replacing a 2070. It’s working great and i’m getting ~10k in timespy so I assume all is well.

However, I have a bluetooth keyboard and since installing the card the bluetooth randomly drops out and I need to restart to get it to come back to life.

Any suggestions or is bluetooth just that rubbish?

Associate
my Sapphire 5700xt nitro+ SE just hates my asus essence stx II card. Black screen most times, removing it now only crashes every few days but i miss the sound quality. Will try drivers etc again at somepoint to see if there is a fix but honestly im just fed up. Spent far to long trying to get card to behave. When it works, yes great fast, good for VR but then sound goes, pc locks up and meh.

I have that sound card and was considering this GPU as some good deals going, pfft thats ruined that plan.

Associate
Hi guys,

I bought a Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil for my new build. Should I download the most recent drivers from Powercolor website or AMD?

Soldato
I've got a 3700X, X570, 16GB 3000 and SN750 NVME but my Timespy score is just under 9K.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/47604992

Is that normal for everything at stock?

Looking in the Timespy thread that looks a little low, I see people with 3700X and 5700XT getting a chunk over 10k. I'm getting just under.

Any chance you can push that RAM higher? The 3000 series especially flies with 3600MHz RAM.

Soldato
hi all does anyone have a 3 monitor bug where the screen goes black and doesn't show as connected in windows ? it keeps happening to one of 3 of my monitors random one each time, yes I've tried everything and ruled out cables etc etc,

any suggestions?

Associate
Looking in the Timespy thread that looks a little low, I see people with 3700X and 5700XT getting a chunk over 10k. I'm getting just under.

Any chance you can push that RAM higher? The 3000 series especially flies with 3600MHz RAM.
I would have thought that over 10k for those specs would indicate that you did well in the silicon lottery. My 9700k and 5700XT top out at 9655 if I remember correctly.

Associate
Black screens, black screens & more black screens.

No fix exists.
That sucks, I've had a single black screen since February, on one set of drivers, unfortunately that black screen was at boot so was a pain in the arse to resolve. But apart from that, my games have been fast and smooth. Have you got a different machine you could try it in? Or try it in Linux?

Back
Top Bottom