New Custom PC powers on but now doesnt boot to the bios

Associate
Hi All,

So this is my first build which worked fine for a day but then i decided to open the case back up to cable manage it.
Stupidly one of the CPU connectors wasnt plugged in all the way but it still booted fine and i didnt notice any issues.
When i went to turn the PC on the next day the PC powered up so the fans started working and all the rgb came on but the computer wouldn't boot not even to the bios. I noticed a red LED next to where it said 'CPU' on the motherboard.
I took the whole thing apart and checked if there were any obvious faults. The CPU was fine with no pins damaged and the heat sync was also on correctly. Only thing i noticed was the previously mentioned cpu connector so i made sure that was all the way in.(note the motherboard has an 8 pin and a 4 pin input. My powersupply has 4x4 pins, It was half of the 8 pin that was loose.
When i went to power it up it still didnt boot to bios
Tried resetting CMOS but this didnt resolve the issue.

I basically need help in figuring out what the issue is with?
The motherboard
The CPU
The PSU

what do you guys think? any help will be appreciated

Specs are below

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard: Aorua X570 Ultra
PSU: TT TPowerGrnd850W RGB 80+ Gold
Ram: Cosair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Tried that unfortunately still nothing, so today i replaced both the cpu and motherboard and i still get the same issue! ive got a new PSU coming tomorrow so im hoping thats whats giving me these issues. If its not im out of ideas

Associate
OP
Yes I tried that today but unfortunately nothing changed! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow I'm having computer withdrawals at the moment. No idea how people can only use playstation

Back
Top Bottom