• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Soldato
Mine's annoying, it will freeze Windows on either wake from sleep or boot some of the time. once you've got through that (50/50) chance it's fine. Might take 3-4 boot attempts including a cycle through repair windows to get it to boot.

Errors in Syslog always point to AMD.

Associate
So would you guy's not recommend i get this card? I need to pick up something half decent to run vr until the next gens are out. This looks like it may be the best bang for buck on paper but the driver stories are putting me off.

Soldato
My RX5700XT has been working absolutely perfectly, I didn’t actually reinstall or update the drivers from my RX580 for a few weeks after I got it.

Only issue I’ve had is with CIV 6 DX12 crash after they updated the game, the next driver revision resolved it.

Underclocked at 2000core/1875mem/1111mv.

Makes me wonder why people have had so many problems when it’s been plain sailing for myself!

Caporegime
My RX5700XT has been working absolutely perfectly, I didn’t actually reinstall or update the drivers from my RX580 for a few weeks after I got it.

Only issue I’ve had is with CIV 6 DX12 crash after they updated the game, the next driver revision resolved it.

Underclocked at 2000core/1875mem/1111mv.

Makes me wonder why people have had so many problems when it’s been plain sailing for myself!
There is not only one confiuguration of PC components and installed games in the world. Drivers have to work soothly with a ton of different variables and combinations.

Soldato
There is not only one confiuguration of PC components and installed games in the world. Drivers have to work soothly with a ton of different variables and combinations.

Stating the obvious there really.

You’d still expect the vast majority to work without issues, nothing special about my config!

Caporegime
If everyone spoke up who didnt have a problem it would be a majority. The "fix" seems to be going back to April drivers which is what a lot of done when researching it. I've gone with those and not yet had a problem.
Agreed - As I mentioned before, I've had this card since they launched and this months drivers were the first time I had any issue with them tbh. Rolled it back to April, been fine since.

Soldato
So, just recently finished a water cooling loop... both CPU and GPU and using a 50th Anniversary 5700XT... I can set the boost to 2200mhz max... and it generally will sit there at 2149 - 2164 ish on the core on full whack. This is with 1.200mv and running 58C on GPU and 79C on Hot Spot absolutely maxed for hours using OCCT. What are others getting on full chat with water loops? On idle she sits in the 35C region on core. Memory on full load is circa 75C.

Also, I'd say these latest drivers are gash compared to the previous two versions... I may go back... just something about them and now it forces me to run WarZone in fullscreen borderless and losing a lot of FPS... just cannot get the game to work properly. Then again, no surprise there it's the worst release of any game I've ever witnessed!

56.jpeg

57.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got the msi mech oc and been using the Radeon software and experimenting with undervolts.

I've read online of someone who down locked the boost core to [email protected] and thought I'd try something similar. Junction temp of 82 and fan very quiet .

I did have a couple of crashes in metro exodus where the screen would just freeze and although I could alt-tab into windows. The whole system required a reset.

Would this be a symptom of a unstable core or driver issues. I'm very new to this and still finding my way.

Also. Should I need to raise the power limit slider? Some info says I should and others say no.

Soldato
What would the best stress test to use.

Currently just been playing metro to test stability but obviously need to do it properly

Is there a setting which should be pretty much achievable for everyone as a starting point and work from there?
Personally I used OCCT which is free to download (choose the 3D test) and let it run, if it runs for 15 minutes without error you'll be good for anything as this will push everythign harder than a game would. Then just tweak and tweak. So for instance, before water cooling I found that if I set my old 5700XT to 2035 on the core it would error after about 4 minutes, setting to 2034 it was 100% stable hahaha... mad I know... but that's what clocking is like... there has to be a mhz that it fails on!

Soldato
Just got the msi mech oc and been using the Radeon software and experimenting with undervolts.

I've read online of someone who down locked the boost core to [email protected] and thought I'd try something similar. Junction temp of 82 and fan very quiet .

I did have a couple of crashes in metro exodus where the screen would just freeze and although I could alt-tab into windows. The whole system required a reset.

Would this be a symptom of a unstable core or driver issues. I'm very new to this and still finding my way.

Also. Should I need to raise the power limit slider? Some info says I should and others say no.

Based on messing around with my wife's 5700 Mech OC that would be a lack of core voltage causing the crash. I have seen a couple when I went too low on the voltage but they were "soft" crashes rather than full lockups.

In my case increasing the power limit doesn't seem to do anything, at least not with the "locked" core slider - won't go over 1850 without further tweaking.

At 1850 core it seems to hold around 1820 in game and performs quite admirably with a 3600x at 1080p (100+ FPS in Destiny 2). Basically matches my 2070S albeit the latter running at 1440p.

Back
Top Bottom