ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Soldato
Edit - yup it's definitely the battery or motherboard. The settings revert to default after been unplugged from the wall. Its a Duracell CR2032, brand new - perhaps I just got unlucky. Will get a replacement and go from there.
How'd it go?

I currently can't seem to get the PPT values to change. EDC and TDC change in ryzen master but nothing budges the PPT despite the value's being inputted. Is there a particular setting in the bios overruling it?

Caporegime
How'd it go?

I currently can't seem to get the PPT values to change. EDC and TDC change in ryzen master but nothing budges the PPT despite the value's being inputted. Is there a particular setting in the bios overruling it?
Was hoping no one would follow up :p. I am such a numpty! I didn't notice a sticker on the bottom of the battery, unsurprisingly once I removed it - the battery worked fine :o:p:p. So that's at least one problem sorted. I think I still need to get my OC rock stable (currently 3.8GHz but there has been a sole crash in Doom Eternal, a tiny bump in the SOC voltage seems to help) and get my bloody NVMe working again.

Soldato
Still rocking mine that I got a few years ago. Thought I'd put it to better use to be honest but it's never seen more than a 1600 at 3.7GHz. 8GB RAM at 3000mhz and 4 USB ports used! What a waste of money, could have saved by going B350 at the time, oh well.

Soldato
How'd it go?

Just out of interest, which of the 3 PBO sections are you using? :p

Had to move back to this board, my Gigabyte board broke, or rather I broke it.

Soldato
Looking like we’ve lost support on this board. No bios for 3100/3300x and soon the 3x00XT series coming out. I wonder if we get a bios for those? Kinda wanted to get the fastest 3000 series and keep the motherboard for a few more years. Maybe I’m just being greedy

Soldato
Just out of interest, which of the 3 PBO sections are you using?
Fair point. I dont know :D probably an awful mix of all three? Is there one that completely overrides the others? I had read that its kind of bugged anyway, especially on x370 so kind of tried it then left it when I couldn't get the PPT to move.

Soldato
Looking like we’ve lost support on this board. No bios for 3100/3300x and soon the 3x00XT series coming out. I wonder if we get a bios for those? Kinda wanted to get the fastest 3000 series and keep the motherboard for a few more years. Maybe I’m just being greedy
According to overclock.net there seems to be a bios update coming for this board!

Soldato

I am hoping we do as I am looking to drop an XT in as a replacement for my 1700.

I haz 4090!
Don
Sure do hope so :)

Yeah that would be great. I think the only reason for them to stop supporting it now is to force us to buy new boards. It's still a cracking board. The only thing I want is ARGB headers on it, but I've got a separate controlling coming this week to take care of that. PCI-E gen 4 I can live without for the moment. They're just realising how they could be making more money by forcing us to upgrade :(

Associate
I've been losing performance due to my RAM only being 2400Mhz, but don't want to upgrade the motherboard and stick with my CH6 for now.

Anyone have experience of using 3600Mhz RAM in the CH6? E.g. CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 AMD Optimized Memory or Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit ?

Soldato
I've been losing performance due to my RAM only being 2400Mhz, but don't want to upgrade the motherboard and stick with my CH6 for now.

Anyone have experience of using 3600Mhz RAM in the CH6? E.g. CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 AMD Optimized Memory or Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned DDR4 Memory Dual Kit ?

Doesn't really answer your question but I've had this since I built my rig

Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black/

Dont know if thats better or worse that what you had anyway

I've the same board and I'm looking at upgrades but hate having to change everything

Soldato
I run my Team Group memory at around 3500 with a 1700 on this board and have done since release, took some tuning to get there but been fine once dialled in.

Think the 8 pack memory is cherry picked Team Group stuff.

Associate
Thanks.
I initially had 1700 > 1800 X and now 3700X. Lots of problems with the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, so I upgraded to G.SKILL F4-2400C15D-32GFX 32GB.
AMD Ryzen shows Coupled Mode on at 1200Mhz Memory Clock, but I must be losing sweet FPS, so very tempted to try out a new 3600Mhz kit!

Associate
I picked up Corsair RGB Vengeance PRO: CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18. Turns out it's SK Hynix (ugh, again). Runs 3600Mhz on my Crosshair VI Hero, seems stable. 3 hours of Prime95 and it was stable.
I am getting some improved results in synthetic benchmarks, but not necessarily in gaming, which seems to be mildly higher average FPS (AC Origins 62-65avg). Mixed feelings, because because it's C18 it's not that big of a boost, I'm not sure.

Also had my sound stop working when playing AC: Origins (Using Focusrite i2i USB DAC), no idea if it's related to system stability or what caused it.

Back
Top Bottom