DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ???

Associate
Hi

Hoping someone can help me started having this issue a lot the past few days

I've not installed anything new altered anything nothing just randomly happens . Strange thing is it happens on my main system but also on my main system i run Virtual machines and they work fine even when the browser on my main system shows that error ?

I've done winsock reset in command and flush DNS etc even swapped my DNS to open DNS to see but it made no difference what so ever . Rebooted the router left it off for a bit etc .

I'm on BT fibre 2 and other since past couple of days it's been brilliant for me for years .

Hoping someone may have some ideas as i'm totally stuck now .

Thanks

Associate
OP
Unlikely to be a physical issue if the virtual machines hosted in the same box are not having any issues at the same time.
kind of what i thought that network is getting to them but not to my browser on main system ?

I run opera , chrome , Edge across 3 screen and then all go down not just one when it happens .

Just don't get it when it goes for no reason

Man of Honour
It could be an OS issue, try the following in a command prompt as admin:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Then once thats done, do a CHKDSK C: /R

You'll have to reboot for the second one and it'll take a while but those two should find and repair anything odd going on underneath.

Associate
OP

You'll have to reboot for the second one and it'll take a while but those two should find and repair anything odd going on underneath.

Thank you for that I’ll give this ago tomorrow and report that .

Thank you

Associate
I get that error when pihole blocks an advert I've clicked on thru a Google search. Are you running a VPN or other adblock that your VMs aren't?

Soldato
I noticed Google DNS been a little odd for a day or two, changed to Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 instead and 365 mail etc working better now.

Associate
OP

Did all that this morning still randomly giving me DNS issue thanks for the idea though .

Getting the point of doing a fresh install soon

Soldato
Does it do this when you are not running the other VMs on the machine?

What are you doing on the other VMs if running when this occurs?

Have you checked perfmon to monitor disk IO etc, or even task manager performance tab and monitor network and disk io?

Associate
OP
Does it do this when you are not running the other VMs on the machine?

What are you doing on the other VMs if running when this occurs?

Have you checked perfmon to monitor disk IO etc, or even task manager performance tab and monitor network and disk io?

The other Vm's are for just browsing the web and nothing more .

Only run basic chrome on it and Vpn thats it .

With the vpn it seems like it carries on working with them any machine or my main machine ( where the vms are installed ) will drop out randomly ?

Back
Top Bottom