Detroit: Become Human PC

Soldato
This is out on Thursday, thought I’d post in case anyone is buying. Will probably get it myself when my rig is sorted.

Mods: if there is a standalone thread please merge. I searched but could only find a locked one and one about several titles.

Soldato
It's been out for ages on PC, I think it was an EPIC exclusive though which sort of put me off picking it up.

I'm looking forward to playing it, it looks like my cup of tea as I love the theme.

Soldato
OP
It's been out for ages on PC, I think it was an EPIC exclusive though which sort of put me off picking it up.

I'm looking forward to playing it, it looks like my cup of tea as I love the theme.

You’re quite right. On Steam this week, launched on Epic in December last year which is probably why I didn’t realise.

Underboss
Started playing it on Sunday via EPIC, so far it's been brilliant.

Runs very well, dialogue is good and story is very deep, sadly the controls and cameras are a bit...dire.

Soldato
Hard rain is out too on the 18th, similar type of game.

U can get these for 5er on epic with the 10 quid voucher and a sale on, so if there about a 10er on steam ill probs get em but if its more then ill wait for a sale.

Soldato
Heavy rain, This & Beyond: Two Souls all coming to steam. Demos already up as well.

Played a bit of Detroit seems interesting but as mentioned earlier the camera angles are a bit meh!

Caporegime
This is a funny one. Been playing the demo but it was crashing way too much for my liking at 4K/1440p using the in-built resolution scaler. In the end, I had to stick to 1080p60 and no scaling but it was rock solid. Looks a great game though, definitely interested in it.

Soldato
OP
Just started this. Not sure it's a 'game' as such. I'm finding the camera and the control method slightly tedious. I do like the world though and will play it though.

Soldato
Just started this. Not sure it's a 'game' as such. I'm finding the camera and the control method slightly tedious. I do like the world though and will play it though.

It's more of a choose your own adventure book in game form from what I can tell, it looks beautiful and I love the theme so I'm quite happy with that personally as long as the story is solid.

Soldato
Certainly agree there @Gray2233 - and I've got time on my hands anyway so why not?

Absolutely!

Honestly, there's times I just want to kick back and enjoy a good story while having a little agency ontop without being in a full blown game. The Quantic Dream games seem ideal for this, there's actually a nice bundle on Steam for three of their games that I'm tempted by.

Caporegime
I set to filthy casual difficulty plugged in a 360pad and have been playing for a few hours.

liking it so far but doubt I would ever play through it more than once when the game fairly limits your pace.

took a whole 15 mins to compile shaders, graphics look great and it runs fine for me 980ti.
the graphics default to high so I just let it there, from the sound of my gpu I doubt it's working all that hard (task manager says 55%)

must have kept me pretty glued to the screen, only just noticed a moth on the ceiling above my head that was probably flying around above me the whole time!

Last edited:
Soldato
Not buying at that price considering its been on epic and has been cheaper on their sales.

Expected the older of the 3 to be £10er ish ones and the detroit one £16 maybe.

Waited this long might as well wait till on sale for 5er each or trilogy for £15 kinda thing.

Caporegime
bleh had my first crash, yesterday I played for like 5 hours straight no issues.

played for about 20minutes just now then after doing one of the action prompts the game just sat doing nothing, the atmospheric audio kept playing fine but game just didn't want to load whatever it was meant to :/

hope I didn't lose a whole 15mins I was on this chapter, must have been the end of it almost.

graphics are so nice though especially if you setup the brightness properly, at times it's really close to tricking me in to thinking it's actual footage and not a game engine

Caporegime
I finished it earlier had 2 total crashes/game just doesn't move on to next scene.
I thought it ended pretty abruptly tbh.

I'm not even sure what the ending was lol...
I won an assault on some Detroit camp, connor went deviant and released thousands of androids from cyber whatever.
news woman said some crap about having to share the planet with robots ,credits rolled, after the credits there was just a scene of no significance showing 10seconds of what happened to one of the other characters

I wanted some big war and to kill humanity what the hell.

definitely wouldn't play it again and should have waited until it was like 10quid

I think it starts well but the game kinda loses its way and starts to get a bit tiring I'd probably give it 6.5/10 maybe a 7

Caporegime
I can't be bothered to check but it must have been somewhere around 8-9hours.

I was going to replay some of the chapters but then I thought yea I can't really be bothered and quit out.

the games biggest downfall imo is the start of the game everything moving along pretty slow and then suddenly the pacing of the story leaps forward because they had to get the game finished or something.

Back
Top Bottom