Guess & Test - A New Exciting Motherboard From MSI

Associate
OP
Ha, it's mostly because we don't make RAM more than anything. We're fortunate enough to work closely with AMD and they graciously provided us with something to run things with, but we couldn't nab any RAM for you sadly!

I'm sure you'll manage to cope somehow though ;)

Really looking forward to seeing the build put together!

Permabanned
I won these items:

MSI Gungnir 110R case
MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R cooler
An AMD Ryzen 3600 CPU
The motherboard, of course

I'll certainly be sharing some photos and my thoughts when it's all built and ready.

It wasn't just the motherboard!?!?!?? I wish I could swear on here. :p

Ha, it's mostly because we don't make RAM more than anything. We're fortunate enough to work closely with AMD and they graciously provided us with something to run things with, but we couldn't nab any RAM for you sadly!

I'm sure you'll manage to cope somehow though ;)

Really looking forward to seeing the build put together!

I was just kidding, I wanted to see what you would say. :p

Soldato
Congrats @thewanted enjoy the board dude :D

Thanks man :) My 4770K was just hitting 80%+ in Warzone tonight so I'm keen to see how much better this will perform.

Does it really matter? Can’t you be happy that it’s made someone else’s day/week/month/year? :confused:

Blimey people are quite bitter about someone winning :(

The world needs more positivity right now, so thank you.

For the sake of transparency and fairness, I have sent @MSIUK Support a message asking if I am still eligible for the prize so that I have a clear conscience.

Soldato
The world needs more positivity right now, so thank you.

For the sake of transparency and fairness, I have sent @MSIUK Support a message asking if I am still eligible for the prize so that I have a clear conscience.

Thankfully, as per the T&Cs that everyone entering accepted, you are:

1. MSI reserves the sole and discretionary right:

1. to determine, on a final and conclusive basis, whether a participant has fulfilled the Event requirements in good faith.

Associate
Thankfully, as per the T&Cs that everyone entering accepted, you are:

Lets quote the full Term and not just part of it

1. to determine, on a final and conclusive basis, whether a participant has fulfilled the Event requirements in good faith. For illustrative purpose without limiting any other terms, MSI may disqualify participants: a) if Event enrolment or product registration is incomplete, b) if Event eligibility requirements such as timely enrollment, applicable product line or regional restrictions are not met; c) if the provided documents are altered, forged, fraudulent, misdelivered, or void; d) if automated codes, scripts, plugins or other means were used to enter or complete Event enrolment; e) if participant does not have the legal capacity to enroll in this Event, or f) if criminal or illegal acts are committed or allegedly committed to enroll in this Event;

You entry is not complete, it did not meet entry requirements

Soldato
Lets quote the full Term and not just part of it

1. to determine, on a final and conclusive basis, whether a participant has fulfilled the Event requirements in good faith. For illustrative purpose without limiting any other terms, MSI may disqualify participants: a) if Event enrolment or product registration is incomplete, b) if Event eligibility requirements such as timely enrollment, applicable product line or regional restrictions are not met; c) if the provided documents are altered, forged, fraudulent, misdelivered, or void; d) if automated codes, scripts, plugins or other means were used to enter or complete Event enrolment; e) if participant does not have the legal capacity to enroll in this Event, or f) if criminal or illegal acts are committed or allegedly committed to enroll in this Event;

You entry is not complete, it did not meet entry requirements

Bloody hell mate, get a grip.

MSI have the ultimate say in who wins, which is the part I quoted. They can decide if they meet the entry criteria or not.

Associate
OP
Friends, let's relax.

We chose a winner from all of the entrants. Let's not get snipey about it. thewanted won the giveaway, it seems like they're a well established and liked user here, so I'm happy they were picked. I simply took the total number of entries before the cut off time, used a random number generator and used that to pull the post number, checked they gave the correct answer and awarded based on that.

We're doing something nice by giving someone the best part of a full build. Yeah, it makes us look lovely (and I promise we are!), but also it has the good upside of giving someone something pretty nice if I do say so myself. Let's not turn it into nitpicking and getting angry around the result.

I'm sorry I couldn't give away 40 odd kits so everyone had one, but we'll definitely be swinging back round before too long with something else I'm sure.

Big love folks <3

Back
Top Bottom