Best 24" 1080 Fps monitor sub £250

Soldato
Good to hear. I will say the stand looks slightly annoying for someone that hasnt got much deskspace like me. Looks like a bargain otherwise.

You downgraded from 1440p and heres me iffing and affing over whether to make the jump UP.

I was in the same boat as you and got fed up with looking around, researching and with many days of debating... I just woke up and pulled the trigger to see if it was worth it, or not. For me it was, but might not be for you. Otherwise I can't fault this.

Mine was a query before potential purchase so who knows sales guy could have been dumb it took him 5 minutes to get me an answer in first place

Always tends to be this case with sales, technical support was fairly helpful but again it depends who you get on the day I suppose?

Soldato
I was in the same boat as you and got fed up with looking around, researching and with many days of debating... I just woke up and pulled the trigger to see if it was worth it, or not. For me it was, but might not be for you. Otherwise I can't fault this.

Always tends to be this case with sales, technical support was fairly helpful but again it depends who you get on the day I suppose?
As you have the monitor though, how have you found the colours? I did read a review which implied they weren't the best.

Does it also let you run at low Hz e.g. 120,144 etc or does it only run at 240hz?

I'd be coming from a 60hz only monitor so wanting to find our more user experience than reviews.

I'm guessing my 1070 would be fully compat with the gsync?

Soldato
As you have the monitor though, how have you found the colours? I did read a review which implied they weren't the best.

Does it also let you run at low Hz e.g. 120,144 etc or does it only run at 240hz?

I'd be coming from a 60hz only monitor so wanting to find our more user experience than reviews.

I'm guessing my 1070 would be fully compat with the gsync?

Colours out of the box was superb, I couldn't fault it. Only tweak I made was the brightness, other than this it was spot on for me.

I can switch down or up in Hz if you want to. I can choose to run in 59Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, and 240Hz. Choice is yours, set this up in Windows to your preferred Hz.

I recently gave up with AMD drivers and switched to NVIDIA, 2060S. This monitor is G-Sync compatible and all seems to work so far without issues, unlike Freesync. Although this isn't a monitor issue I personally believe it's AMD drivers at fault.

Soldato
Colours out of the box was superb, I couldn't fault it. Only tweak I made was the brightness, other than this it was spot on for me.

I can switch down or up in Hz if you want to. I can choose to run in 59Hz, 60Hz, 120Hz, 144Hz, and 240Hz. Choice is yours, set this up in Windows to your preferred Hz.

I recently gave up with AMD drivers and switched to NVIDIA, 2060S. This monitor is G-Sync compatible and all seems to work so far without issues, unlike Freesync. Although this isn't a monitor issue I personally believe it's AMD drivers at fault.
Thanks last question I promise! How you find it on night/dark room

In the review I did read it mentioned specially that's where the monitor wasn't as good

Soldato
Thanks last question I promise! How you find it on night/dark room

In the review I did read it mentioned specially that's where the monitor wasn't as good

My room is dark as I personally hate a well lit room especially when gaming, sun beaming in etc. Most IPS panels suffer from black uniformity but I have no problems to report, you need OLED for a true black.

I think it comes down to the panel lottery, you either get a good or a bad one. I'm always hesitated buying monitors, some times hate parting with my cash just in case I get a dodgy one, bad bleed or stuck/dead pixels but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I can also recommend the MSI optix MAG272QR for 1440p, 165Hz which is sat only a few feet away from me now.

Soldato
My room is dark as I personally hate a well lit room especially when gaming, sun beaming in etc. Most IPS panels suffer from black uniformity but I have no problems to report, you need OLED for a true black.

I think it comes down to the panel lottery, you either get a good or a bad one. I'm always hesitated buying monitors, some times hate parting with my cash just in case I get a dodgy one, bad bleed or stuck/dead pixels but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I can also recommend the MSI optix MAG272QR for 1440p, 165Hz which is sat only a few feet away from me now.
Cheers

I'm fussy with monitors too, I love my QLED TV but can't have pc hooked up to it really, I don't expect a pc monitor to give me clarity that does so it's just looking to improve what I have now pc screen wise

Soldato
Cheers

I'm fussy with monitors too, I love my QLED TV but can't have pc hooked up to it really, I don't expect a pc monitor to give me clarity that does so it's just looking to improve what I have now pc screen wise

I had my Samsung hooked up as a PC monitor for awhile and got too comfortable at 60Hz, kind of missed out on high refresh a lot to be honest and should have upgraded sooner. Glad I made the switch and don't regret it. I promised myself I'd upgrade by the end of this year, also worth considering https://www.displayninja.com/ - good website for reviews, etc.

Associate
Can you get some pics of your two monitors next to eachother? That would be my dream setup. A 27inch for some games and then a dedicated CSGO one. :)

Soldato
Can you get some pics of your two monitors next to eachother? That would be my dream setup. A 27inch for some games and then a dedicated CSGO one. :)

Can't do that sorry, it means unplugging the other setup and moving things around.

I bit the bullet ordered it this morning, hope I enjoy it! Looking at all the different monitors was just stressing haha

I don't have a problem with it to be honest, it's IPS 1080p and 25" is the perfect size, 88ppi.

If you get any issues contact Dell and they will replace it, I didn't have an issue when I tested this case.

I had some hesitations as stated above but now it's sat on my table I don't have any complaints and the display is stunning, just adjust the brightness as it's way too high at 75%.

I've had many TN, VA and IPS panels in the past and have always preferred VA. But I can see why so many pick IPS, picture quality is superb right out of the box.

Associate
I'm desperate for this now but shipping date says 08/07/2020. Damn, i should have just bit the bullet. Plan to build this weekend and need a monitor so i'm gonna end up getting something thats not my preference.

Soldato
I'm desperate for this now but shipping date says 08/07/2020. Damn, i should have just bit the bullet. Plan to build this weekend and need a monitor so i'm gonna end up getting something thats not my preference.
Keep an eye on sight, I nearly ordered three times before I actually put it through, date kept changing each time.

On fourth time were I bit bullet ordered yesterday due today.

I think there stock is just fluctuating

Associate
I almost ordered yesterday! Just did it now - hope that my slight hesitation doesn't mean i'll have to wait a month lol.

I didn't see any priority delivery options. I thought it takes 2-3 days at least regardless.

Soldato
I almost ordered yesterday! Just did it now - hope that my slight hesitation doesn't mean i'll have to wait a month lol.

I didn't see any priority delivery options. I thought it takes 2-3 days at least regardless.

I don't think there was an option for priority delivery when I ordered, also delivery dates changed when I was in the process of ordering... however received a text next day stating it was out for delivery with DHL.

Associate
That's good to hear! Hopefully i'm lucky like you guys.

I actually used the Dell chat to speak to someone before i ordered but my reply was "Hi date dlivery cant not change as It's online". So i gave up on that straight away.

Soldato
That's good to hear! Hopefully i'm lucky like you guys.

I actually used the Dell chat to speak to someone before i ordered but my reply was "Hi date dlivery cant not change as It's online". So i gave up on that straight away.

Sales is a no no, robots more like!

However if you need technical support it's better if you call.

Again for reassurance on testing out the warranties provided as advertised I played on dead pixels... no problem if a replacement was required!

Dell actually started the process of replacing my monitor and a new one would have been with me in just 2 days... I quickly intervened and said it wasn't required as mine is absolutely perfect, always nice to test and be reassured in case of a warranty claim later!

Associate
Another "that's good to hear" from me lol. Chuffed with my purchase, hopefully dead pixels won't be an issue but as you say, it's little worry even if there is.

Soldato
Another "that's good to hear" from me lol. Chuffed with my purchase, hopefully dead pixels won't be an issue but as you say, it's little worry even if there is.

I've always wanted an IPS and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to dead/stuck pixels, severe light bleed, scratches or blemishes and I'm on the phone replacing or refunding... at the end of the day £280 isn't cheap and I want it near perfect.

It's inevitable that some panels have backlight bleed, if it's minimal then okay with this... but thankfully I won the lottery on that.

Overall, I'm more than pleased with my purchase. I was a bit worried about changing down from 1440p from 1080p, but comparing this with the MAG272QR I'm happy and so is my daughter as she's claimed it now.

If Dell produced a 27" 1440p variant of this monitor and at the right price, I'd buy again!

Back
Top Bottom