Lexus Dealer

Caporegime
Just been told by an official Lexus dealer (car is in for a service and MOT) that it doesn't have an EGR valve. Yet every forum says it does and it is an issue.

They offered me a oil and fuel flush for £38. Anyone ever had that done? Said they put something in the car and run it for a bit then put the new oil in. And some injector cleaner in the fuel. Sounded like BS to me but they say they recommend it on every service and I never had it done last year.

Man of Honour
Don't know about the EGR value but the flush and cleaner is just an easy money spinner for them. If it's recommended then why is it not in the Lexus service schedule?

Soldato
A bottle of engine flush is about £6... Their making 25 is quid.

Not really a massive mark up to be fair.

If it's not an old car, an Engine flush can't do any harm.

Soldato
Just been told by an official Lexus dealer (car is in for a service and MOT) that it doesn't have an EGR valve. Yet every forum says it does and it is an issue.

They offered me a oil and fuel flush for £38. Anyone ever had that done? Said they put something in the car and run it for a bit then put the new oil in. And some injector cleaner in the fuel. Sounded like BS to me but they say they recommend it on every service and I never had it done last year.

They won’t acknowledge it because it’s a possibility of it being a known problem later on in the life of the car. I’ve found Lexus dealers to be hit and miss these days. Go straight to the franchise who own it and explain your concerns to them. That usually gets the ball rolling.

Associate
Is this the CT200h? if so yes it does have an egr as i hve had mine replaced under the extended warranty and the pipes cleaned out to make sure no furtehr issues.

what dealer was it?

Alex

Soldato
this must be flavour of the month, I got offered it on my 68 plate for the first time ever. I politely declined. if I need a flush and clean after less than 6k miles, something's wrong. as soon as they started spouting the sales blurb it stank of money gouging. if I want to add something to my petrol tank and run the car for a bit I think i'm capable of doing that myself and not paying dealer prices.

Back
Top Bottom