Bumper repair or respray?

Soldato
I had an argument with a post last night and have scuffed the bumper - I had a minor gouge I wanted sorting there so now is the time to do it! Getting quotes is tricky at the moment but I’m sure peeps on here have had similar work or in the trade so what would a fair price for the repair be?

Abarthouch.jpeg

The paint is cracked but I think from flex rather than any damage to the bumper...

Soldato
How good a repair do you want? Is the black stuff where the paint has been removed? It might polish out and look alright-ish.

Don
Give it a go with some tcut or autoglym srp first, it will probably remove some of it. Then decide how badly you want it repaired

Probably looking at £200 for a "smart" repair, £300-£400 for a bumper off prep and respray at a body shop

Soldato
I hope to god you don't live anywhere near Lincoln. The bodyshops round here will all tell you, you'll need the rear bumper spraying, and both rear quarter panels blending in. They'll then make up some **** and bull story about how the blending ideally needs going right down both sides before hitting you with a bill for £2,000.
Don't worry they'll say, claim on your insurance.

Whilst I love living here, all the local bodyshops and trades are bloody awful.

Hopefully you can find someone who can do a smart repair, but every smart repair place I've ever had out to quote has ended up telling me the above.

It's like a couple of years back when I had a 5p dent in a door. I contacted five different places who do dent repair and they all said I needed a new door and the entire side spraying lol

Regarding price, it 'should' be around £200 but I think it will cost more.

Soldato
OP
Cheers, I got my cleaning kit back today and a quick clay got loads of paint off - will try some srp next!

The black stuff is th plastic where it’s gone thru the paint and I do want it repaired, not in Lincoln thankfully!

Associate
I paid £100 for a decent smart repair on the corner of a bumper a few years ago. It doesn’t look like there’s particularly much more damage on yours than there was on mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're actually in Norwich, then C&S Bodycare on the Sweetbriar Industrial Estate. Excellent work on little jobs like this. Not fancy, but not fancy prices either. I had a HUGE gouge done on the plastic bumper of my allroad and it was neatly matched into the rest of the bumper only (the guy actually said "If I match the bumper it will match the rest of the car" and it was under £100 and I just left it with them overnight.

Soldato
OP
If you're actually in Norwich, then C&S Bodycare on the Sweetbriar Industrial Estate. Excellent work on little jobs like this. Not fancy, but not fancy prices either. I had a HUGE gouge done on the plastic bumper of my allroad and it was neatly matched into the rest of the bumper only (the guy actually said "If I match the bumper it will match the rest of the car" and it was under £100 and I just left it with them overnight.

Im Wymondham but know Norwich so will defi give them a shout as good to hear a personal recommendation - I’ve been given a glowing review of a garage in Yarmouth but long way to go if any issues etc!

Back
Top Bottom