Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
Two are in B-Grade if you want to gamble. You may be able to swing a deal. I have failed in my negotiations with the other half so wont be trying to snag one :(

Soldato
Can you find out what firmware version you are on?

As pretty sure mine looks better with +2 and no overshooting too.

I have no idea how to read the version number, so if any do, please tell me.

EDIT and UPDATE: I'm still getting a blissful experience. The monitor is perfect so far, with no issues, good overall pixel response, good colors, a pleasing image with NO Freesync flicker not even during load screens, unlike my last unit.

Looking at this monitor brings a smile to my face knowing I only paid 4100 DKK (490 pounds, we pay a good deal more here in Denmark for our hardware). The next one in line would have been the new Acer for around 5000DKK (600pounds) or the LG 34GK950F for 8500DKK (1021 pounds).

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Nice one Phix, glad you finally got lucky with the monitor lottery!

Still thoroughly enjoying mine too, just need a next gen GPU to arrive now as 3440x1440 is quite demanding for my vega 56, at least for wanting the 100+ FPS :p

Soldato
Nice one Phix, glad you finally got lucky with the monitor lottery!

Still thoroughly enjoying mine too, just need a next gen GPU to arrive now as 3440x1440 is quite demanding for my vega 56, at least for wanting the 100+ FPS :p

I'm actually quiet surprised how well my Nitro+ Vega 64 is handling this monitor. That said, I'm also looking for some more performance from either RDNA 2 or Ampere, but my Vega 64 will be going on my wall of champs.

Associate
Yeah, definitely want this monitor again (but a none broken one)

Ordered a 32" curved VA panel to replace it which arrived today....is worse in every way...it also arrived with dirt under the panel so that's going back also. This was ordered at another site mind.

The VA colours were garbage in comparison to the IPS i've been using for the past 6 or so years. The curve also felt really odd...almost felt nauseous from it lol.

Not going to risk a B grade monitor. :/

Guess I'll wait for the next lot of stock to come in, which I believe is end of july? Reckon there is any chance it could have some of the issues resolved by then? perhaps a newer firmware batch?

Soldato
Yeah, definitely want this monitor again (but a none broken one)

Ordered a 32" curved VA panel to replace it which arrived today....is worse in every way...it also arrived with dirt under the panel so that's going back also. This was ordered at another site mind.

The VA colours were garbage in comparison to the IPS i've been using for the past 6 or so years. The curve also felt really odd...almost felt nauseous from it lol.

Not going to risk a B grade monitor. :/

Guess I'll wait for the next lot of stock to come in, which I believe is end of july? Reckon there is any chance it could have some of the issues resolved by then? perhaps a newer firmware batch?

I myself have been through a few 32inch high refresh VA's and only the Dell S3220DGF was a nice panel to look at IMHO, but the smearing and the Freesync flicker drow me crazy and up the wall. My first sample of this Iiyama arrived in a completely beat up box that had been opened and resealed. My current sample of this unit arrived in a pristine box that hadn't been opened before and with all the stickers everywhere, like on the foot.

Now the shop where I bought my Iiyama at didn't do one on me so that resealed monitor came from somewhere else and wasn't declared resealed so they sold it as unsealed and new. When I talked with them about it the dude was very surprised and very sorry and that screen is now for sale as a "b" grade type thing for A LOT less. My point is I think the first wave of these screens have been a big mixed bag and the rest to follow will be of a much better quality.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm tempted to get one of these. My current monitor is an Acer Predator XB271HU (27", 1440p 165HzG-Sync). My partner has an Asus MX34VQ (34", 1440p UW, 100Hz G-Sync) and I find that her screen is not as good to game on as mine. I don't know if it's down to the 100Hz or the VA panel, t just feels flat and a bit smeary. Would people recommend this as an upgrade? I love the real estate that the 1440p UW resolution gives you. The other monitor I was eyeing up was the Predator X34P which is similar to this Iiyama?

Caporegime
I'm tempted to get one of these. My current monitor is an Acer Predator XB271HU (27", 1440p 165HzG-Sync). My partner has an Asus MX34VQ (34", 1440p UW, 100Hz G-Sync) and I find that her screen is not as good to game on as mine. I don't know if it's down to the 100Hz or the VA panel, t just feels flat and a bit smeary. Would people recommend this as an upgrade? I love the real estate that the 1440p UW resolution gives you. The other monitor I was eyeing up was the Predator X34P which is similar to this Iiyama?

Its the VA panel that gives that smeary look. This is IPS and cracking value.

Soldato
Several weeks in with this monitor and it still hasn't skipped a beat. No bugs, no issues... Just quality for the cost!

I'm going to pick another one up for my office in the coming months.

Associate
Should I order this or wait for the curved version? I'll be using it mostly for productivity.

Depends on whether you prefer curved or not.

I would personally recommend the flat IPS one...but that's because I don't like VA or curved panels lol

This monitor isn't in stock though? It gets in stock at the same time as the curved one so you'll be waiting either way.

Associate
Hey folks, I got this monitor from Box. Unfortunately not one of the lucky ones; 16 dead pixels and a cluster right in the middle of the screen.

It seemed ok for the first week, so make sure you check yours regularly.

Associate
Yeah same...I think :D

What are you using now?

That's the £400-£999 question.... I am really stuck trying to decide. Almost resigned to spending a lot more to ensure decent quality but the reviews of the more expensive options dont really blow me away.

Considering:

Alienware AW3420DW
AOC AGON AG352UCG6
Acer Predator X34P
MSI Optix MPG341CQR

need some that will work well with DCS world:
ztsuRTf

Back
Top Bottom