Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
Just a quick heads up, GGG has patched in a BETA Vulkan renderer and it's pretty amazing! well worth checking out if you were having performance issues.

I've wound in my playtime a lot over the past month or so too. Had a decent league for character progression and currency gain. Killed everything!

Looking forward to the new league info.

Matt

Oh wow that Vulkan renderer has all but fixed any of my issues with performance. I used to get instant frame issues once i activated the delirium now i can trigger it with no issues. Wish this was in a few weeks ago as i tyend to slow down near the end of league to stop burnout before the new league starts.

I only really went with 2 builds this league, started with a ED/Contagion trickster (same one you linked Smudge) which was fine into mid tier maps, then went for a Starforge Cyclone Slayer (https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-cyclone-slayer-build-guide) which ive been playing pretty much non stop since. Didnt manage to finish a simulacrum yet think wave 18 was my limit, likewise i havent managed to kill sirus either.

Soldato
Not tried the Vulkan rendered yet, but it looks like an impressive boost, even with it being in beta there doesn't seem to be much need to use DX11 over it unless it causes system crashes.

I went with a couple of builds, but had extremely little luck with getting currency at the start. In fact, this is the problem the worst league I've had with currency. It took me around 100 hours to get an Exalted Orb to drop. I went up to 96 ish with a Bleed Glad (bow) in the end, which was super fun, but pricey to bring up to a level where it did good damage to bosses. Very fun though :)

Associate
I ran a few simulacrums to wave 20 and 3 t16 %100 Delerium maps fully pimped to test the new renderer. wow. legions opened without a hitch, everything just ran smooth..... This is with a ryzen 3700x, 5700xt and some 3600c14 ram, all stock. Game plays like a drea now. no crashes either. it's a great start for this new renderer!

Associate
For anyone who has been graphically crippled by the delirium mechanic - GGG have beta released Vulkan. Much improvement.

Interested you guys builds. I used Esoro's build in general, but I found that I needed to pony up a lot of cash to improve it. I was going from a few C per item, to 30+ex per item. Really killed this league for me (which was my first league) so I tried other builds. Got fed up with the horrendous web market to find items, and people not responding. Way to kill enthusiasm GGG, especially when China have an automated version.

I'm looking forward to the next league, mainly because it's a fresh start and will not have rippy Delirium bs as the main feature.

I followed Zizarans Lacerate Bleed Gladiator up until high 80s but still found to be a little rippy in a few of the high red maps due to delirium, checked what was working for similar builds on poe.ninja and switched from dual wield to one with The Surrender shield to get the Life on block - took that upto 94 before getting bored and switched to a guardian herald of purity/spider build which was great fun.

Associate
The new Harvest League has been announced, introducing a new 'farming' mechanic with a focus on crafting.

Looks like it'll be a much slower pace compared with Delirium with some very interesting crafting mechanics to play with.

Changes include :
- Reworks and introduction of new Brands & War Cry's skills
- Passive skill tree improvements for 2-handed weapons and rage
- Moving some of the Timeless keystones to the passive tree (may even include Glancing Blows which is awesome)
- Balancing Herald stacking :p

Associate
I wasn't blown away by the trailer and was on the fence a little, but after reading more of the details and watching a couple of breakdown videos I think this might be a pretty good league. I normally prefer the faster league mechanics but the ability to pick what you're going to fight and cater to the strengths/weaknesses of your build seems nice.

I'm not really into all of the crafting mechanics and have never really had the stomach to start throwing currency at it that might just go down the drain, this however has peaked my interest and I feel that it will be a good opportunity to learn crafting in depth and throw myself into it.

The new Brand skills look like they will be a lot of fun and probably one of the meta skills this league.

Looking forward to new details being revealed in the next couple of weeks.

Soldato
Launches on the same day as The Last of Us 2 is released, so I'll not be playing on release :p

The mechanic looks interesting though and looks like it has some tactical choices about it, instead of Delrium which was the complete other end of the spectrum (and it sucked). I'll be interested to see the new passive tree changes and the war cry adjustments, and I hope Brands get nerfed as they were far too powerful last season.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I ran a few simulacrums to wave 20 and 3 t16 %100 Delerium maps fully pimped to test the new renderer. wow. legions opened without a hitch, everything just ran smooth..... This is with a ryzen 3700x, 5700xt and some 3600c14 ram, all stock. Game plays like a drea now. no crashes either. it's a great start for this new renderer!
Ran a full 6-man simulacrum last night, vulkan did amazingly well.
Normal play has me running at 100fps+. Even with all of the insane fireworks coming from 6 x aoe builds the frames held at around 60-70 until wave 17, then started to drop as the density increased. By 20 it was down to 30fps, but a steady 30. Really impressive and I'm sure it's only going to get better.

I followed Zizarans Lacerate Bleed Gladiator up until high 80s but still found to be a little rippy in a few of the high red maps due to delirium, checked what was working for similar builds on poe.ninja and switched from dual wield to one with The Surrender shield to get the Life on block - took that upto 94 before getting bored and switched to a guardian herald of purity/spider build which was great fun.
I tried ziz's at the beginning but found it really hard to follow. He did a good job of documenting every step but as a newb it's a world of info on top of an already dense subject matter.

Playing around with mathil's firebow build for the rest of the season. Got 30 challenges down, I might actually be able to get the wings by the end of the season.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
And done. I think the wings look amazing.
Next season's portal doesn't interest me so unlikely I'll be doing a challenge grind again.

unknown.png

Associate
Yeah good work, takes a lot of dedication! Doubt I'll ever have the commitment to get any of the higher tier rewards.

Think I've decided on a Volatile Dead Spellslinger as my starter next season, I have a rough skill tree down and it feels pretty fun on a quick mock up character with basic gear. I'm gonna try and go for maxed out Chaos resist with Divine Flesh this time around and see how it fares.

Soldato
Its a pity the Vulkan Renderer came so late in the league as it really made delirium great for me.

I dont mind a bit of a slower paced league mechanic so Harvest looks like it will be fun for me. Busy month comin up with POE league, new Division 2 update and season not to mention Last of Us 2 on PS4.

Associate
Its a pity the Vulkan Renderer came so late in the league as it really made delirium great for me.

I dont mind a bit of a slower paced league mechanic so Harvest looks like it will be fun for me. Busy month comin up with POE league, new Division 2 update and season not to mention Last of Us 2 on PS4.

Really enjoy Vulkan, tested to level a bit and game runs so great now
patch notes tonight or tomorrow

Associate
Think I've decided on a Volatile Dead Spellslinger as my starter next season, I have a rough skill tree down and it feels pretty fun on a quick mock up character with basic gear. I'm gonna try and go for maxed out Chaos resist with Divine Flesh this time around and see how it fares.

I think I'm going with the same after reading the patch notes. I have roughed out some notes and a POB for a league starter that doesn't require any uniques (well a tabula would be nice, might farm one in blood aqueducts) that should see me into red maps. I can then respec it into a stronger end game build once I get some currency. I do fancy some of the new warcry stuff and maybe a 2h playstyle but I'll give it a few weeks on the necro first and see what becomes the new meta !!!!

Associate
Almost certainly trickster chaos dot spellslinger leaguestart for me. Into CI ED contagion eventually, love ED & havent played it since Synthesis. Roll on friday

Back
Top Bottom