What PSU is recommended for Ryzen 3600 with RX 5700 XT?

Associate
Hello, just wondering which PSU wattage is recommended for my PC build, it is a Ryzen 3600 CPU with the 5700 XT, also with 2x8gb 3600 speed ram and a Asus TUF gaming b450m motherboard. Thinking of going with a EVGA 600w, but just wondering your guys opinions.

Thank you in advance, also another thing I'm curious about is the motherboard, I was going to go with a x470 or Tomahawk max but they're out of stock, will a TUF b450m still be just as good? No plans on overclocking. Thanks in advance!

Soldato
Should be fine. Just make sure you stick to a decent brand.

Unless the x470 has the features you want I'd just stick with the b450 although the b550 motherboards are up for pre order which will be compatible with zen 3 and going forward.

There is talk of a beta bios coming out for the b450 chipset to support zen 3 but no information as yet.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1580...ryzen-4000-cpus-on-b450-and-x470-motherboards

Last edited:
Soldato
Good 650W PSU is the sweet spot for nearly every gaming PC, but EVGA 600W sounds like cheapo.
Besides good models EVGA has plenty of mediocrities and cheapos.

will a TUF b450m still be just as good
Asus probably won't be bringing any Zen3 supporting BIOSes.
Only MSI has confirmed Zen3 support coming.
And except for Pro-models CPU VRMs (power circuitry) of Asus B450 boards are at market PC garbage level.

Associate
OP
Should be fine. Just make sure you stick to a decent brand.

Unless the x470 has the features you want I'd just stick with the b450 although the b550 motherboards are up for pre order which will be compatible with zen 3 and going forward.

There is talk of a beta bios coming out for the b450 chipset to support zen 3 but no information as yet.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1580...ryzen-4000-cpus-on-b450-and-x470-motherboards

Good 650W PSU is the sweet spot for nearly every gaming PC, but EVGA 600W sounds like cheapo.
Besides good models EVGA has plenty of mediocrities and cheapos.

Asus probably won't be bringing any Zen3 supporting BIOSes.
Only MSI has confirmed Zen3 support coming.
And except for Pro-models CPU VRMs (power circuitry) of Asus B450 boards are at market PC garbage level.

Thanks guys, nooby question but what exactly is zen 3? This is my first ever PC that I'm putting together myself after being a console gamer.

Soldato
Zen3 is AMD's improved (not re-re-re-rebranded like Intels) architecture coming in Ryzen 4000 serie CPUs later this year.
That could give nice upgrade path in like two years for more cores and higher per core performance.
Next-gen consoles are going to bring very hefty in console terms hardware late this year with non-boosting variant of 3700X as CPU.
So requirements of future games will be going up.

Associate
OP
Zen3 is AMD's improved (not re-re-re-rebranded like Intels) architecture coming in Ryzen 4000 serie CPUs later this year.
That could give nice upgrade path in like two years for more cores and higher per core performance.
Next-gen consoles are going to bring very hefty in console terms hardware late this year with non-boosting variant of 3700X as CPU.
So requirements of future games will be going up.
Ah I see, that's not something that bothers me as such with not having though. I'd prefer to just go with this cheaper motherboard that is currently in stock rather than spend more and wait another couple of weeks, I can always upgrade in the future if I need zen 3

Back
Top Bottom