** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I don't think they are the best screens if you do a lot of mixed work, but I would say that backlight bleed is a bit better on this second one than on my previous one. There is still some, but it is a lot better than other IPS monitors I've had.

So your saying the LG is not good for mixed stuff ? and the dell is

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've got my 2nd monitor, no dead or stuck pixels. The right side of the panel is cooler than the left, it's quite noticeable on a full screen white page. Does anyone have this?

Edit:

The uniformity is terrible, afraid this one will have to go back as well.

Soldato
I've got my 2nd monitor, no dead or stuck pixels. The right side of the panel is cooler than the left, it's quite noticeable on a full screen white page. Does anyone have this?

Edit:

I only noticed slight temperature differences on mine when I was looking for backlight bleed in a pitch black room. I think it was down to IPS glow.

Soldato
i got mine today could not resist at £359 :) but this is gona be my first monitor in an age up till now i have been using hp zr30w and and olden dell 2405fpw so could do with a few pointers in what tests i should be doing

Soldato
i got mine today could not resist at £359 :) but this is gona be my first monitor in an age up till now i have been using hp zr30w and and olden dell 2405fpw so could do with a few pointers in what tests i should be doing

Just run a dead pixel test and a backlight bleed test. Not sure if there are any other tests that can be done?

Soldato

Edit:

Can you put some photos up? Just to make sure I am checking the same things

Soldato
Now that it's dark we can see how bad the back lighting is, and why it's different temperature across the monitor.

What an utter mess.
JxVpQgSl.jpg

That looks fairly standard to me, if you look at the reviews that is pretty much par per course for IPS monitors and the LG 27GL850-B. Mine is a bit better, but still fairly similar.

Associate
Yikes! That’s pretty poor, though of course it does depend on how you intend to use it. If you can notice it in regular light then it has to go back.

My first one was pretty good, and I was really worried about getting a dud. Now I’ve got a second one on order I’m doing the same ritual dance and lighting all the incense sticks like last time

Associate
That looks fairly standard to me, if you look at the reviews that is pretty much par per course for IPS monitors and the LG 27GL850-B. Mine is a bit better, but still fairly similar.
I’ll have to revisit mine in a dark room setting tomorrow and see how it’s holding up but I’m sure it was way better than that. I certainly don’t notice it in games or when watching video. Obviously the blacks aren’t as good as on other models or types of screen, but as I don’t tend to use it in a dark room it doesn’t bother me that much.

Soldato
I’ll have to revisit mine in a dark room setting tomorrow and see how it’s holding up but I’m sure it was way better than that. I certainly don’t notice it in games or when watching video. Obviously the blacks aren’t as good as on other models or types of screen, but as I don’t tend to use it in a dark room it doesn’t bother me that much.

It is standard for this mornitor if you look at reviews. It is worse in this monitor than in other IPS monitors, but it is a weakness (perhaps the only one) of this technology, on normal use you shouldn't notice it.

This is the RTings comment for the 27GL850-B
Unfortunately, this monitor has poor black uniformity. There's noticeable backlight bleed and clouding throughout. This might vary between units, so let us know if you get a unit with better black uniformity.

And this is for the 27GL83A-B (same panel):
The 27GL83A-B has poor black uniformity. There's visible clouding throughout and very noticeable backlight bleed near the top left corner. This may be distracting when watching dark scenes.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It is standard for this mornitor if you look at reviews. It is worse in this monitor than in other IPS monitors, but it is a weakness (perhaps the only one) of this technology, on normal use you shouldn't notice it.

This is the RTings comment for the 27GL850-B
Unfortunately, this monitor has poor black uniformity. There's noticeable backlight bleed and clouding throughout. This might vary between units, so let us know if you get a unit with better black uniformity.

And this is for the 27GL83A-B (same panel):
The 27GL83A-B has poor black uniformity. There's visible clouding throughout and very noticeable backlight bleed near the top left corner. This may be distracting when watching dark scenes.

The issue I have isn't the amount of glow which I'm ok with, it's the fact the glow is different temperatures which screws the white temperature. Looking at a white page the monitor is noticeably cooler on one side and warmer on the other side.

Soldato
Still unsure whether to send this one back due to the single stuck red pixel. The IPS glow is nowhere near as bad as the photo above, so I’m a little worried that even if I get one with no dead pixels it might have really bad IPS glow or backlight bleed.

Associate
It’s a real hassle having to try and decide on what defects you’ll deem acceptable in order to try and not get an all-round worse one as a replacement.

When you’re buying a so called “premium” gaming monitor you shouldn’t have to put up with any dead pixels or excessive BLB It’s crazy that we’re meant to just accept that things we buy just might not be as good as claimed

Associate
How accomidating have OCuk been regarding qc issues with this monitor?

Tempted to try 1, if it isn't any good, just return it.

They been good with this?

Associate
I've been looking to buy a 27" monitor for ages and the last time I looked the 27GL850-B was £500. Is it end of line now with a newer model on the horizon? Looks like a great monitor though the bleeding and whacked out color temps are a bit off putting.

Back
Top Bottom