Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Sorry to hear about your dad. Condolences.

Normally the Executor simply has to write to the companies' registrars with copies of the probate documents and get them transferred In accordance with the will.

It depends on who are the beneficiaries of the will and whether they need to be sold to realise assets for either beneficiaries or estate duty. They should be valued as at date of death and added to any other assets (including property) of the deceased in order to ascertain probate value. Then divided up depending on his will

Thanks. Last email I had from the investment company “We have arranged for a probate valuation at the date of death and will forward this to you upon receipt.”. No IHT to pay. Only myself and my sister are beneficiaries. I want to keep my half of the shares, not sell them. I will speak to the investment company to seek advice on transferring to a stock and shares ISA.

Associate
Don’t get me wrong Tesla is great company and wish I had got in months ago at 350-400 range but would I risk getting in at current 1000 level just blindly hopeingfor a miracle return to 60,000 per share.

mmmmm. No

Looking at current market cap of 185.64 billion @ around 1000 per share. EPS of -0.81. To get to 60,000 per share times 185.64 billion x 60, that will be market cap needed. Could it get there in 10 years who knows.

You also not thinking of possibility of price just as quickly dropping back into 350-400 range or of future dilution of shares.

I know it’s one for the future but the current price some would scratch heads at how they got there purely based on the financial numbers.

I don’t know how much debt they have and how it’s structured, didn’t bother to check

Associate
I will speak to the investment company to seek advice on transferring to a stock and shares ISA.

This is what I think you will find cannot be done directly. The process to follow is known as "Bed and ISA" ie shares sold, you get cash, you invest in ISA with whoever you choose. If you are going to buy the same shares (National Grid and Shell?) then the National Grid is pretty stable and you will get about the same number of shares, Shell rather volatile and so the time out of the market during the process could work for you or against you.

Soldato
Good mining stocks to look at are McEwen Mining Inc (MUX) and International Tower Hill Mines (ITH)..

ITH just had a nice rise, currently at $1.4, i'd wait for the pull pack to the $9 area if i was getting in now, or you could just DCA down towards the $9 area.

MUX just had a double bottom at $0.7, i'd buy in now.

Massive upside to both of these..

Last edited:
Associate
What do you guys think about rightmove? Market leader by far. Huge profit margin. Down to a 1 month low today. 5% down.

Would appreciate commentory from anyone who has thought it through...

Soldato
There’s a concerted effort from bricks and mortar estate agents to disrupt, I believe. Not looked into it in detail, though!

How’s that CAML working out for you?!

Soldato
What do you guys think about rightmove? Market leader by far. Huge profit margin. Down to a 1 month low today. 5% down.

Would appreciate commentory from anyone who has thought it through...

I like their business, and I do think they have a monopoly. On The Market, Purple Bricks and such have tried to disrupt and get agencies/sellers on their side but they were maybe launched 2-3+ years ago and from a consumer perspective I don't think they've really made a dent. It's so difficult to disrupt a market leader like that. Just look at Apple Music vs Spotify, you've got one of (if not the most?) cash rich businesses in the world taking on a Swedish startup, for all intensive purposes. And even they've struggled, for the same reasons: why should or would the consumer change?

As long as house buyers keep visiting Rightmove ahead of anything else then estate agents have to follow suit. Would you sell your house with an estate agent who didn't list on Rightmove?

However, they're only 1% down on a year and only 25% down on their ATH in February. So, I'm on the fence.

Soldato
There’s a concerted effort from bricks and mortar estate agents to disrupt, I believe. Not looked into it in detail, though!

OH's sister works for them.

Regular 'boycotts' but after a few months they return because the lost views directly impacts sales. Its convenient to visit RightMove rather than googling for EA's in the area and trawling through, especially when most EA's websites are (or were) poor.

Back
Top Bottom