Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Caporegime
That's the £400-£999 question.... I am really stuck trying to decide. Almost resigned to spending a lot more to ensure decent quality but the reviews of the more expensive options dont really blow me away.

Considering:

Alienware AW3420DW
AOC AGON AG352UCG6
Acer Predator X34P
MSI Optix MPG341CQR

need some that will work well with DCS world:
ztsuRTf
Don’t discount the AW3418DW if you can get one at a good price. The 20 is certainly the better monitor, but if the price difference is £100 or more the 18 is still a great monitor.

Caporegime
OP
Hmmm, my monitor in the last day or 2 has started intermittent flashing, turning it off and on doesn't seem to resolve it, again, seems very random though....

Going to have to wait till ocuk get them back in stock before I do a RMA though.

What's odd is during long gaming sessions, never any problems though :confused:

Caporegime
OP
Can you RMA after that long? Isn't it supposed to be about a month before anywhere gets them in stock?

Don't know how it will work tbh, still got the 30 day DOA but.... I ain't going without a monitor for potentially months :p

No other monitor ticks the boxes and I simply refuse to pay £800 on old inferior tech. and I just got rid of my other one there so nothing to fall back too.

I don't mind even if they do an on site repair or something as at least that way I know it will be fixed and hopefully avoid the monitor lottery of backlight bleed, dead pixels etc.

Soldato
Well my bliss is over... I have one pixel with one of its subpixels dead or damaged so I get a purple dot on a black background, though not that eye-catching and it seems to work fine with brighter colors and white. Can ignore that, however just now one more pixel straight up died almost in the center and the surrounding pixels have darkened a lot causing some sort of horizon effect. I'm the point now where I might as well just throw in the towel and not bother with this monitor anymore. To bad really cause specs are fantastic for the money otherwise, but what good is it if the **** thing keeps breaking.

edit: also the ips glow could be a lot better on this sample, but since I mostly have been playing during the day it hasn't been bad but I guess now that the honeymoon period got cut rather short the faults starts to creep out the woodwork.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been following this thread, the QC seems to be shocking over a third reported with issues within a month of launch
Yup, I've had 2 now and both have been bad. The weird thing has been though, the screen gets turned on for the first time and everything is honkey dory. Then after a few days, the first pixel goes bust and after a day more a second pixel or group of pixels go bust. Same pattern on both screens. Thank god it happens within the return windows cause I personally am done with this monitor and don't want a replacement.

Caporegime
OP
Well ocuk have said once I am past the 30 day period, it will just go of to iiyama to be repaired, as said, I rather have that for the reasons listed above and if it comes back still faulty, I could get a refund and depending on the age, a possible partial refund.

It's funny as the display has been fine since that last post of mine now..... Thankfully I got lucky for backlight bleed and glow and so far no pixel issues and during actual gaming, no issues ever *touch wood*

Such a sad state of affairs the monitor market, it really is. As good as this is especially for the price, it still amazes me just how poor LCD is compared to OLED, I'm not one to over exaggerate but it is literally like comparing Jackie Stallone and Gal Gadot.....

EDIT:

That 27" 1440 nano IP 144HZ g/free sync monitor is £380...... Very temping but not 21.9 :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Well ocuk have said once I am past the 30 day period, it will just go of to iiyama to be repaired, as said, I rather have that for the reasons listed above and if it comes back still faulty, I could get a refund and depending on the age, a possible partial refund.

It's funny as the display has been fine since that last post of mine now..... Thankfully I got lucky for backlight bleed and glow and so far no pixel issues and during actual gaming, no issues ever *touch wood*

Such a sad state of affairs the monitor market, it really is. As good as this is especially for the price, it still amazes me just how poor LCD is compared to OLED, I'm not one to over exaggerate but it is literally like comparing Jackie Stallone and Gal Gadot.....

I certainly hope it won't come to that for you. As I'm refusing to touch VA panels anyone ( can only get burnt so many times) my options are either the 4k IPS's which is sadly only 27 inches or the more expensive LG ultrawides. But for the price of those, I can basically get a C9 or almost a CX OLED which is just bonkers value in comparison.

Caporegime
OP
I certainly hope it won't come to that for you. As I'm refusing to touch VA panels anyone ( can only get burnt so many times) my options are either the 4k IPS's which is sadly only 27 inches or the more expensive LG ultrawides. But for the price of those, I can basically get a C9 or almost a CX OLED which is just bonkers value in comparison.

Yup hopefully not... Don't expect mine to last long though :p But at least got 3 years warranty with this unlike most other monitors that only have 2 years warranty... Once again, another joke compared to TVs that have at least 5 years warranty :rolleyes:

Exactly! It's mad the pricing considering what you are getting, it's why I refuse to spend more than £400 max on LCD now. No matter the refresh rate or whatever, there is absolutely no coming close to OLEDs motion clarity and IQ with guaranteed blacks.

Soldato
Yup hopefully not... Don't expect mine to last long though :p But at least got 3 years warranty with this unlike most other monitors that only have 2 years warranty... Once again, another joke compared to TVs that have at least 5 years warranty :rolleyes:

Exactly! It's mad the pricing considering what you are getting, it's why I refuse to spend more than £400 max on LCD now. No matter the refresh rate or whatever, there is absolutely no coming close to OLEDs motion clarity and IQ with guaranteed blacks.

I'm actually very tempted to just get a B9 for a little more than what this IIyama costs and CRU it to support freesync. Though don't know yet how good the input lag in game mode is.

Caporegime
OP
I'm actually very tempted to just get a B9 for a little more than what this IIyama costs and CRU it to support freesync. Though don't know yet how good the input lag in game mode is.
I can't say I have any problems with input lag on my e7, even in 60hz mode and with vsync but then I also use a controller when playing games on the telly and I don't play any FPS on the telly so it's not too much of a biggie for me personally.

I also don't use game mode since all of the post processing effects are already disabled, much rather have the accurate picture of technicolour preset.

You'll be blown away by it, by far been my best tech. purchase out of everything.

Associate
This screen is pretty tempting but it's hard to overlook the current QC woes. Does anyone think it's worth upgrading from the aoc u3477pqu which uses a 60Hz IPS panel without FreeSync? Mostly play single player games.

Caporegime
OP
Funny, no problems now for last day there..... :/

I give up..... at least during gaming it has been flawless *touch wood* :p

If only I could get away with a giant TV on my desk :p

Haha yup, think it is ridiculous people who have 40"+ displays on their desk, best setup imo is OLED TV mounted on wall or somewhere you can sit 6+ feet from and then just the usual desktop + monitor setup to go along side it.

Soldato
I just made a post enquiring about this monitor. I should have searched for this master thread d'oh. The QC issues are indeed worrying.

Back
Top Bottom