Streamlabs OBS and Canon EOS R

Associate
Good afternoon, people.

Hoping you can help me out here. I've decided it would be good to start streaming my devastating skills at Modern Warfare and Dirt Rally 2.0

From what I can see, OBS seems like the streaming software of choice. Now i've recently updated the Canon software that allows the EOS R to be used as a webcam, but when I try and use it in OBS, where the webcam footage should be, it just has a black box with "EOS Utility ver2" (or something like that).

Are these two pieces of software incompatible or have I just missed something blatantly obvious? (wouldn't be my first time).

Thanks everyone.

Associate
OP
Check task manager to see if the regular Canon utility app is running when you try.

What would the regular app be? It just seems to be EOS utility (there is no specific webcam app as far as i can tell)

Does the Canon software support slobs or just regular obs?

Not sure it supports either. I have Streamlabs OBS installed. This is what I am wondering about.

Why do you need a webcam to stream gameplay?

It isn't needed. I just wanted everyone to see how spectacular I look as a middle aged gamer with RGB headphones.

Associate
OP
If you have no other Canon software on the PC, just the beta of the new webcam utility, then it's not the issue I was thinking of. Sorry!

I think you were correct. I've just uninstalled and reinstalled all the software, then made sure nothing was running to do with the utility in the background, fired it up and bingo! Seems to work (albeit it a bit flaky). Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom