Terrorist attack in Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Tell me about it. Trying to associate a stabbing with terrorism. It would be funny if it wasn’t true!

Too many people live too far away from crime, and that’s great. However they have to realise that stabbings happen, every day. Mass stabbings happen, often. And they have nothing to do with terrroism.
Those who try to link these stabbings with terrorism, based on nothing but their desired narrative do nothing but promote segregation.

So what you and other posters have been doing is attempting to label and shame others because of disagreements is not promoting segregation? That's not exactly promoting a message of unity but it certainly has a blatant whiff of hypocrisy.

Caporegime
I don't really see how it can be abused, nor to what end?

Pretty simple to put in place a law which says "No filming of victims / patients" - what I find worse tbh, is the idea that we would need to in the first place... but it seems some people's moral compass is very broken.
yea there's a huge difference between filming someone being arrested/police brutality.
and filming someone receiving emergency medical care/CPR.

the guy on this occasion isn't filming from a distance and he walks towards each one filming each of them individually which just makes it seem like such a crappy thing to do.
I'm pretty sure they're already dead or unconscious and it's obvious they aren't going to make it.

show some respect and film from a distance or preferably not at all

Soldato
Yes, I thought the poster of this thread was the same as person who wrote the white that Vincenthanna has linked to. My post (#60) did address this.

We are still yet to see the facts, and as such I think that it is wrong to suggest that this is terrorism related or try and link a movement with terrorism (as @terley has tried to do).

Therefore, I shall (and not edit my posts) withdraw my accusations regarding the OP As it’s a case of mistaken identity. I reiterate my views ought to be directed towards @terley

Caporegime
Knowing the media it'll be reported as a "lone wolf with mental illness" if it's on the BLM side, it can't possibly be anything to do black people being whipped into a frenzy of anti-white hate by the media.

If it's on the other side he will rightly be vilified but there wouldn't be yobs out in the first place if they weren't pulling down statues and the police standing watching, if violence on the streets is by design it's going pretty well so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
Knowing the media it'll be reported as a "lone wolf with mental illness" if it's on the BLM side, it can't possibly be anything to do black people being whipped into a frenzy of anti-white hate by the media.

What if it’s a white person? Why not make assumptions about that as well?

Soldato
Yes, I thought the poster of this thread was the same as person who wrote the white that Vincenthanna has linked to. My post (#60) did address this.

We are still yet to see the facts, and as such I think that it is wrong to suggest that this is terrorism related or try and link a movement with terrorism (as @terley has tried to do).

Therefore, I shall (and not edit my posts) withdraw my accusations regarding the OP As it’s a case of mistaken identity. I reiterate my views ought to be directed towards @terley

I really wouldn't usually post in these types of threads but caught it when first posted and looked at the BLM thread exactly and simply couldn't understand what your issue was. Yes you have finally realised it wasn't the OP in the BLM thread and also the actual post in the BLM thread isn't inflammatory simply stating a stabbing had taken place at the same location. A new thread was started, this one, and that was the end of it.

The reason I am posting is because, regardless of your later corrections you immediately, without hesitation called the OP a racist without any reason whatsoever, even if it had been the OP who had posted in the BLM thread that offended you so, it still doesn't make someone a racist. People like you may never realise (as your further posts demonstrated) but you are the absolute worst kind of person to represent a meaningful cause. You will always cause more harm than good and incite further issues.

Soldato
Most reasonable people will wait for the facts but it's hard to ignore the similarities to previous incidents. It seems likely to be a lone nutter and could be from either side of the fence. Time will tell.

Soldato
I really wouldn't usually post in these types of threads but caught it when first posted and looked at the BLM thread exactly and simply couldn't understand what your issue was. Yes you have finally realised it wasn't the OP in the BLM thread and also the actual post in the BLM thread isn't inflammatory simply stating a stabbing had taken place at the same location. A new thread was started, this one, and that was the end of it.

The reason I am posting is because, regardless of your later corrections you immediately, without hesitation called the OP a racist without any reason whatsoever, even if it had been the OP who had posted in the BLM thread that offended you so, it still doesn't make someone a racist. People like you may never realise (as your further posts demonstrated) but you are the absolute worst kind of person to represent a meaningful cause. You will always cause more harm than good and incite further issues.

This is such nonsense.

I suggest that the correlation between a stabbing at a BLM protest is an act of terrorism is nonsense and those who peddle such a narrative are doing so are doing it to discredit the BLM movement. I subsequently assume those who try to discredit the movement don’t agree with equality based on skin colour and are therefore racists.

What do you disagree about that?

Soldato
The absolute state of this thread.

iu

Terrible news. Thoughts to the victims and can only hope the number injured doesn't rise.

Caporegime
This is such nonsense.

I suggest that the correlation between a stabbing at a BLM protest is an act of terrorism is nonsense and those who peddle such a narrative are doing so are doing it to discredit the BLM movement. I subsequently assume those who try to discredit the movement don’t agree with equality based on skin colour and are therefore racists.

What do you disagree about that?
That’s even more nonsense. BLM is a political movement with categorical aims that don’t sit well with a lot of people. Disagreeing with them does not make you racist. You can be anti racist, but not support BLM.

You wanna stop assuming things, it’s doing you no favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom