What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Which model Bosch washing machine is that and what speed spin? I have a machine that looks identical to yours and the drum bearings are already sounding on the way out after little over a year.

Bosch Serie 8 WAW32450GB 9Kg Washing Machine with 1600 rpm. I got it last October from AO, £700 with £150 cashback deal at the time.

Soldato
Bosch Serie 8 WAW32450GB 9Kg Washing Machine with 1600 rpm. I got it last October from AO, £700 with £150 cashback deal at the time.
I was fortunate when I bought mine from Appliance City, as they were offering £50 off. Mine is also a Serie 8, but the model number is WAW325H0GB. I'm not sure what the differences are between the two models.

Edit:
They seem practically the same, just slightly different programs and mine has Wi-Fi, which I hardly use.

Just keep an eye out on your bearings, so you can get the entire sealed drum assembly replaced under warranty if you need to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know what the model number was, but at the time we were comparing a few of the bosch washers on AO and it was a toss up between the one we got and a wifi enabled one. I didn't want the wifi feature, I think it had a faster quick wash (like 15 mins maybe, mine is 30 IIRC). Ended up with the one I mentioned due to the cashback offer.

Might be worth contacting your seller or bosch about yours as I think it is still in warranty?

Soldato
I don't know what the model number was, but at the time we were comparing a few of the bosch washers on AO and it was a toss up between the one we got and a wifi enabled one. I didn't want the wifi feature, I think it had a faster quick wash (like 15 mins maybe, mine is 30 IIRC). Ended up with the one I mentioned due to the cashback offer.

Might be worth contacting your seller or bosch about yours as I think it is still in warranty?
I've already had an engineer out, but then the Coronavirus happened. :(

Soldato
Been up in the loft pulling some slack on a Ethernet cable from computer room to the lounge - Now got new TV connected direct to router rather than through powerplugs.

Soldato
I took my downstairs loo door off and sanded it outside before undercoating one side in my garage. I really need to crack on and prep the small utility room and downstair loo skirting/door frame.

Been up in the loft pulling some slack on a Ethernet cable from computer room to the lounge - Now got new TV connected direct to router rather than through powerplugs.

I can imagine that was not very pleasant if sunny like it is here in Cambridge!

Associate
In the last week I have:

Pulled down the old shed and taken it to the tip
NmYog4u.jpg

Broke up the 10x14 concrete slab with just a sledgehammer and breaker bar
l91xxdG.jpg
Pdih619.jpg

Pulled up the patio at the back ready for a new, more level patio for the new shed
qzClqUq.jpg

The same day as above, managed to shatter the glass shower door, taking out the basin as it came down, which meant I had to purchase a basin, waste and shower door to replace the one that I broke... Basin is currently sat waiting for the silicone to cure, as the basin surface where the waste joins to underneath, isn't flat...

Relaid the front room laminate, and cut some fresh pieces ready for edging.

Soldato
I took my downstairs loo door off and sanded it outside before undercoating one side in my garage. I really need to crack on and prep the small utility room and downstair loo skirting/door frame.

I can imagine that was not very pleasant if sunny like it is here in Cambridge!

Not at 8.00 this morning it wasn't :D

Soldato
Not at 8.00 this morning it wasn't :D

Heh, fair play! I had volunteered to help my manager all week in his loft removing old insulation and laying new stuff but only in the mornings whilst its cooler. Thankfully he is going to pay someone to do it and couldn't get all the materials in time any way.

Soldato
Few jobs today.

The chickens were getting too hot in the sun then too wet in the rain, the Mrs has ordered a proper tarp to fit the run, but had some visqueen in the garage so make a temporary shade until the tarp turns up.

6V3hcfHl.jpg

Then the small lawn at the front hasn't been cut for some weeks and was looking a right state

ehh87eLl.jpg

So gave it a quick mow

AKQK9srl.jpg

Then finally got round to hanging a painting we bought on holiday last year. Was meant to go in the hall, but slightly too big for the wall we bought it for, so it has gone above the stairs ....

9e92Ostl.jpg

Was a tad of a faff getting the ladders in place and still being able to hand the picture ....

xuLEj2Ll.jpg

But looks.great now it's in place

kkcX1Zwl.jpg

ICDkMJXl.jpg

IOuhZAHl.jpg

Caporegime
Really like these :cool:

Did you stain or treat the wood? What screws did you use?

Thanks. I applied some decking oil on all the surfaces, will reapply every year to freshen it up.

To hold them together I use coach screws and then decking screws at the top for the decking. Counter sunk them. It's a relatively easy build since everything is done with screws so nice and quick.

I might go out to get 1 plank of decking and finish off the bottom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom