Netflix limiting streaming quality due to Corona Virus

Soldato
I think streaming has it's place. It is a mix of this bitrate issue and Apple converting down some content that was purchased in 4k dv to hd in the past a couple of times that swung it this way. I have a large library on ATV4k, but now would only ever bite for stuff I plan on ever only watching once though. Btw those movies, they're all worth watching!

For me the cost aspect doesn't bother me too much. If I didn't want to keep something, just a quick look on ebay and you can generally sell on used 4k blurays for a couple quid less than what you bought it for, especially on older movies like the three you said you bought.

I think where the physical version wins is audio quality far more than pq.

Associate
I think netflix have only recently started to release bandwidth on some movies/shows: https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...ronavirus-streaming-limitations/#2bfb4f5f786d

So on a title by title basis. I tried Extraction which started at 7.62Mbps 2160 then went to max within about 10 seconds of playing. Tried some other 4k content - some stays ay 7.62Mbps, others go to max, but most satyed at half. I could see some artifacting on some shows at the half bitrate, but overall quality was ok (LG B8). Far from a first world problem though.

Back
Top Bottom