** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Soldato
I've been looking to buy a 27" monitor for ages and the last time I looked the 27GL850-B was £500. Is it end of line now with a newer model on the horizon? Looks like a great monitor though the bleeding and whacked out color temps are a bit off putting.
don't think it's eol - just priced as it should have been to begin with. lack of stock, covid and greed pushed the price to £500

Associate
I've been looking to buy a 27" monitor for ages and the last time I looked the 27GL850-B was £500. Is it end of line now with a newer model on the horizon? Looks like a great monitor though the bleeding and whacked out color temps are a bit off putting.

Yeah...the 27GN950-B is the new model....not sure when it is coming out though, ive been waiting a while for it.

Soldato
Yeah...sorry, I assumed that was the natural replacement...may be wrong.
no need to apologise, you could well be correct. though i'd personally not think of the 4K screen as the natural successor, i'd imagine a more refined tweaked version of the existing 1440 to be the successor. but that could well just be me. that said, if the 4k screen is the successor the price will be a hell of a lot more than what this screen is currently selling for.

Associate
The new price according to another UK retailer (who have it listed on their site for pre-order) is £750...which for 4K, Gsync, HDR 600, 144Hz and IPS isn't bad.

Not seen anything new on the 1440 side.

Soldato
Soldato
enjoying this screen a lot, seems so small compared to the hp zr30w damn shame they dont do 16:10 30" screens any more. compared to the dell and hp monitors i have the stand is very flimsy. after gaming on really old lcd montors for so long i can notice the smooth ever so much

Soldato
Anyone who bought from the spicy shop tried getting a replacement? My new one has developed fault and would like to get another one.
Mine was picked up on Monday and delivered back to them on Tuesday. I called on Thursday and they couldn’t tell me anything other than it had been received. Still waiting... For info, they are out of stock so I expect I’ll just get a refund now. Wish I’d just asked for a refund and purchase another!

Soldato
Mine was picked up on Monday and delivered back to them on Tuesday. I called on Thursday and they couldn’t tell me anything other than it had been received. Still waiting... For info, they are out of stock so I expect I’ll just get a refund now. Wish I’d just asked for a refund and purchase another!

Thanks, but I gave them a call yesterday and they said they don't deal with eBay purchases, how did you go about returning it?

Soldato
Can’t help with much advise other than maybe raise it with eBay?
What fault did it develop?

I have, no response for 4 days now. Called them as it says on their receipt and they said they don't deal with eBay stuff.

My HDMI 2 port is broken, no signal out of it. HDMI 1 is fine and so is displayport but I use them all 3.

Soldato
I
Thanks, but I gave them a call yesterday and they said they don't deal with eBay purchases, how did you go about returning it?

Initially I sent a message over eBay and was advised to call. I used the customer service number on their website and quoted the EBY reference and they arranged a DPD pickup for the next day.

Back
Top Bottom