would a USB-C to 3.5mm cable work ?

Underboss
im asking because i googled, and it says its not possible, unless you do x,y,z

I like to connect my phone to my Studio speakers that i connect to my computer

it has a 3.5mm AUX input and at the moment i use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm and i have to fiddle with the wire until i get a clear sound, so i thought i would try a usb-c to 3.5mm, if it would work ?

Soldato
im asking because i googled, and it says its not possible, unless you do x,y,z

I like to connect my phone to my Studio speakers that i connect to my computer

it has a 3.5mm AUX input and at the moment i use a 3.5mm to 3.5mm and i have to fiddle with the wire until i get a clear sound, so i thought i would try a usb-c to 3.5mm, if it would work ?

What phone do you use?

Soldato
I don't have an A70, but have an S10. Have found a "Disable USB audio routing" developer setting which is disabled by default on my phone. Not sure what version UI your phone is on at moment, but if you unlock developer options you can search there. But if it's the same as mine (which like the A70 has both 3.5 and USB C ports) then I'd assume you would get sound over USB C.

Soldato
Thanks

One UI is version 2.0 if that's what you mean ?
OK, yeah my S10 was updated to 2.1. But i would imagine if you look through the developer options you might find the setting there. The fact it's there would make me assume sound will work over USB C providing nothing is plugged into both ports at the same time.

I tried a 3rd party adaptor when I had a Pixel 2XL. Seems to differences in which ones are supported by which manufacturers and models of phones. But I can see there is an official Samsung one available to buy.

Soldato
I have a Samsung A70

Apparently there was a software update to enable this feature earlier in the year like Nade alluded to.

I guess the official cable will work fine I was going to suggest this one:

USB C to Aux Cable 2m, Sweguard Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Audio Car Stereo Adapter Cable for Huawei P40 P30 P20 Pro Mate 20 10 Pro, Pixel 4 3 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S20 S10 S9 Plus Note10,Xiaomi

On the rain forest for £10.

Man of Honour

Might be because the phone output 3.5mm is 4 pin for additional mic support and a normal 3 pin extension type cable might not line up quite right - possibly could avoid that with one of the 4 pin to headphones and mic splitters (not actually tried it).

Underboss
OP

Apparently there was a software update to enable this feature earlier in the year like Nade alluded to.

I guess the official cable will work fine I was going to suggest this one:

USB C to Aux Cable 2m, Sweguard Type C to 3.5mm Headphone Audio Car Stereo Adapter Cable for Huawei P40 P30 P20 Pro Mate 20 10 Pro, Pixel 4 3 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy S20 S10 S9 Plus Note10,Xiaomi

On the rain forest for £10.

sorry thought it was a dongle, prefer a cable than a dongle if im honest, might try this one

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom