Shower Issue

Associate
It seems buying a cheap exposed shower (£200) has bit me in the arse. I bought this shower from soak.com only 16 months ago for a full bathroom refit. As the old saying goes buy cheap, buy twice. The joint is corroded. See below: -

IMG-1736-1.jpg

This is causing this issue: -

IMG-1737-1.jpg

So I guess I could try and fix it. With fixing it, I assume use a sealant but I'll be on borrowed time. Any other ideas? For buying a new one I assume the two entry points at the bottom as a standard width? They are 150mm width between the two.

IMG-1738.jpg

I am limited to what I can buy because of the top pipe. This one looks like it will be fine - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...0-mono-shower-system-with-bath-mixer-26510000. Is Grohe a good make?

In fairness to Lloyds bank I raised a chargeback and they refunded the money straight away.Soak went bust earlier this year.

Associate
how does it attach to the mixer valve? If its a compression fitting you could buy a new riser rail and arm

£200 isn't cheap for a shower

Soldato
Yeahhh I wouldn't say £200 was cheap for a shower either. If it's not supposed to be a removable part, you could find someone to weld it.

Back
Top Bottom