34"+, G-Sync, 4K & 120Hz+

Associate
Hi all,

Just wondering anything like this coming to the market anytime soon, couldn't find anything myself...

Thanks in advance!

~Krillian

Soldato
ASUS has a 27-inch 4K 144Hz coming up and should be released within months (there will likely be G-Sync and FreeSync variants). Soon you should expect the same thing on larger sizes as well.

Associate
Yeah seem to have mixed reviews and probably way too big for the desktop.

Guess it's back to waiting

I'm still toying with the 43" screens as I think it could work. If they're bad performers, they can go back.

Other alternative is 38" ultra wide at 1600p. Think they're ips panels. LG have a couple on offer and a new one due imminently.

I've had to defer the decision for now. Need to get a new gpu first as my existing card only does DP1.2

Associate
OP
I was sorta set on a 4k, but an ultra wide might have top be the way to go.

Not planning on buying until just before Cyberpunk comes out. Guess I'll see what is on offer then

Associate
Well there is the new Acer predator x32 - 32", 10Bit IPS Panel, HDR 1400, 144HZ, GSYNC, Mini LED...so not far off the perfect monitor, which comes out this year...only issue is.....its going to be £3200 which is crazy.

Soldato
I'm still using the good old Acer XB270HU (27", 1440p, 144Hz, G-Sync, no HDR) and see no reason to upgrade given the prices of better monitors.

I guess we'll just have to wait until prices become more reasonable.

Soldato
Been 4 years, still nothing in the works?
Lots of empty marketing and paper announcements like year+ before actual availability...
(Asus cough... ProArt PA32UCG cough...)

27" size has couple high refresh rate 3840x2160s, but that's pretty much it.
32" has serious lack of advance in IPS models with no high refresh rate models of even 2560x1440.
(which would be already downgrade from 2560x1600)

Monitor market would need some AMD like company to kick start advance again.

And it's FreeSync monitor you want to avoid limiting graphics card choises in future.
Nvidia removed that disable AdaptiveSync/FreeSync bit from drivers in January of last year.

Associate
And it's FreeSync monitor you want to avoid limiting graphics card choises in future.
Nvidia removed that disable AdaptiveSync/FreeSync bit from drivers in January of last year.

Been meaning to ask, does that mean gsync works with all freesync monitors or do they specifically have to be labelled as gsync compatible?

Soldato
Been meaning to ask, does that mean gsync works with all freesync monitors or do they specifically have to be labelled as gsync compatible?
Some early and questionable to start with FreeSync monitors are problematic. (or at least there were plenty of problems with those)
But newer good FreeSync monitors works with 1xxx serie and later Nvidia cards.

Back
Top Bottom