Cheap half decent 10m hose reel?

Soldato
I'm looking for a 10m'ish hose reel to connect from an outside tap to a Nilfisk C110 pressure washer purely for car washing purposes, any recommendations please?

I keep seeing the expandable ones, but they either get fantastic or terrible reviews, anyone used one? Thanks in advance.

Soldato
I've been using expandable ones for the past few years. They seem to last about 2-3 winters before they burst, and that is ensuring they are fully drained after each use. Make sure they are double-walled, or actually mention they are suitable for pressure washers (my last one does, and it's lasted 3 winters so far) Personally wouldn't go back to a normal hose just for the space saving!
Most of the expandable ones are a minimum of 25M, so probably better just getting the cheapest normal hose pipe you can

Soldato
I needed a short hose for the same purpose and like you, read the expandable ones are either great or terrible so in the end I went for a 15m Gardena hose (£15) plus the connectors (£15).
Works great and quality seems like it'll last. Time will tell, but I'm happy with it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, think I'll skip expandable ones and go for a half decent normal hose, after googling, the Gardena Textile Hose Liano 10 m Set looks perfect, I'll see if I can find stock somewhere.

Associate
Half decent and cheap don't usually go together. Good hoses are expensive for what they are. My hozelock 30m on a reel hose is 5 years and counting now, so must be ok. Think it was about £60.

Next hose will be a wall mounted job with auto reel back, but they're around £130-140 on amazon!

Soldato
OP
I ended up buying a cheap Homebase own make one, 17 quid for 20 metres on a reel and 4 quid for some extra fixtures, seems to be working OK to test the new tap and pressure washer for now.

If it dies, I'll invest in a decent one, just wanted to go cheap as I wasn't 100% sure I could get it all working as I wanted it anyway.

Associate
B&Q have a decent price on hozelock 25m. Comes with reel and wall brackets and fixings. £30!

Got one today to replace an Asda one I got a couple of years ago and it feels so much better. Much softer so shouldn't develop any lasting kinks as easily as my previous one.

Soldato
i have a long garden so have a hidden hose pipe hiding in the bottom of hedge then a connecting one ,that has to go across a shared dirt road ,cheap ones like mine work ok bot kink annoyingly easily and can split ,with the odd split i just cut out and chuck a little connector in ,worh getting a decent one

Soldato
he already decided, but

I have the aforementioned hozelock standard ... they do kink easily ,
so always find have to spend time laying it out / snaking on garden before using, and store them with as large a coils as possible,
if you get a reel - these look like a kink nightmare too - can you recoil ity easily , and does it then unravel with twists in it.

Soldato
he already decided, but

I have the aforementioned hozelock standard ... they do kink easily ,
so always find have to spend time laying it out / snaking on garden before using, and store them with as large a coils as possible,
if you get a reel - these look like a kink nightmare too - can you recoil ity easily , and does it then unravel with twists in it.

I had a hozelock 25m manual reel which was a right pain to wind up and would always kink. I had it for about 9-10 years and it has lasted very well. I recently bought a hozelock 30m auto reel which winds itself back in to its housing on its own when you give the hose a tug. Very convenient and the hose never kinks. It was not cheap mind you. £90 in B&Q on special. So worth it for me for the time saving.

Back
Top Bottom