DRAM Memory type help?

Associate
Hello,

So cant seem to work out what memory type I have, I know the manufacturer is Hynix, but cant work out if it's AFR, MFR or CJR/DJR. Because my part number shows two question marks instead of AF,MF or CJ/DJ.

H5ANAG8N??R-TFC

I've got 2x32gb 3200mhz Corsair vengeance LPX - CMK64GX4M2E3200C16

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Associate
Been doing some research into this myself, as I'm waiting on these same DIMMs at the moment.

Turns out this is a brand new die from Hynix. It's actually CMR. Things like Ryzen DRAM calculator haven't been updated to include it yet.
There's some reasonable info on it here:
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192599
and here (in German, so you'll need to translate it):
https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.p...g-a-die-erste-eindruecke-der-16-gbit-ics.html

The long and short is that it doesn't seem to overclock very well, and it can be a challenge to make it run well if you have 4 DIMMs.
From what I'm reading, the 3600MHz kit won't go past 3200MHz on most boards if you have 4 DIMMs.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth cancelling the order, and going with the way more expensive 4x16GB 8Pack Xtreem kit.
I'm not likely to need more than 64GB, so this is one possiblity for me. It's whether I can stomach the extra £140.

@fatfurrycat

An motherboard with a t-topology trace design tends to do better when overclocking on 4 sticks (depending on the memory used).
But an daisy chain memory trace design with 2 sticks will generally overclock to a higher level.
Another thing that can make a difference is if the memory is single rank or dual rank.
Sticks larger than 8Gb will likely use both sides of the PCB making heat more of an issue.

Out of interest is anyone here running 4 sticks @ 3600 (or better) on an daisy chain board?

Last edited:
Soldato
The long and short is that it doesn't seem to overclock very well, and it can be a challenge to make it run well if you have 4 DIMMs.
Newer memory chips are often done to be cheaper to manufacture, not to perform and overclock better.
And that size chips are mainly designed for server/workstation use, in where things are used at standard specs:
Actually most consumer/desktop memories are sold as overclocked, with actual JEDEC speed aimed by DRAM chip makers being clearly lower and with worser latencies.

Associate
Newer memory chips are often done to be cheaper to manufacture, not to perform and overclock better.
And that size chips are mainly designed for server/workstation use, in where things are used at standard specs:
Actually most consumer/desktop memories are sold as overclocked, with actual JEDEC speed aimed by DRAM chip makers being clearly lower and with worser latencies.
The more I research this, the more I'm realising that.
Even the 8-Pack DIMMs that I've currently got have a reported frequency of 2400MHz in the SPD.
They just happen to overclock easily to 3600MHz, and likely beyond.

Soldato
I have a 32GB (2x16GB) kit with the same Hynix chips H5ANAG8N??R-TFC, Corsair ver 5.49

CMK32GX4M2D3600C18

Just passed 18 hours RAM Test at 3800, 18-22-22-42, 10-700-4-4-15-5-10-16-17 (tRE, tRFC, tRRD_L/S, tWTR_L/S, tRTP, tFAW, tCWL) secondaries with tREFI at 14820 with 1.4V / 1.15V VCCIO/SA. (9900K, ASRock Z370 Extreme 4)

As I needed to raise the voltage to tweak tRFC/tREFI I'm hoping that CL and some of the tertiary timings can come down a bit more.

Briefly tried 4000 at 19-22-22-43 at 1.35V but it would error fairly quickly.

Not going to push the voltage any higher, not worth it really.

Last edited:
Associate
@fatfurrycat

An motherboard with a t-topology trace design tends to do better when overclocking on 4 sticks (depending on the memory used).
But an daisy chain memory trace design with 2 sticks will generally overclock to a higher level.
Another thing that can make a difference is if the memory is single rank or dual rank.
Sticks larger than 8Gb will likely use both sides of the PCB making heat more of an issue.

Out of interest is anyone here running 4 sticks @ 3600 (or better) on an daisy chain board?

Old post, but I've got 4x8gb Patriot 4400MHz running at 3733. I forget the exact timings, but I think 16-16-16-32 with gear down enabled (which shows as 15-16-16 in the bios).

Edit on an X570 Unify which is daisy chsin

C64

C64

Soldato
Ive been using hynix cjr n ryzen calculator my ram isnt listed either just says hynix too
used fast timings and all seems well thus far

Back
Top Bottom