Iiyama GB3461WQSU-B1 - Flat 34" 1440 144HZ 1MS IPS Freesync for <£400

Associate
I'm not going to risk buying one of these again I don't think.

No point in having a nice monitor if it's horrendously unreliable. At its current rate of 3/8 being broken, I can't imagine it bodes well for them in the long term, but who knows.

Reminds me how much I hate buying monitors lol....always the worry of dead pixels or a multitude of other issues.

Soldato
Its SO worth it, though - there is NOTHING with this image quality for anything like this price

That good huh? What specifically do you like about it? I was most hyped for the HDR potential, but apparently that doesn't actually work as it isn't nearly bright enough.
The prospect of 144Hz and GSync comparability is nice though.

No point in having a nice monitor if it's horrendously unreliable. At its current rate of 3/8 being broken, I can't imagine it bodes well for them in the long term, but who knows.

Reminds me how much I hate buying monitors lol....always the worry of dead pixels or a multitude of other issues.
Yeh I think I may wait and see how it all plays out before I take a plunge. 3 year warranty helps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Don't bother worrying about HDR on a monitor, it is crap, even on the monitors that cost ££££, the only thing that does HDR any justice is OLED and a few select high end LCD TVs.

Main reason to buy this monitor is purely for the price and specs you are getting, you literally have to spend double to get anything like this, hopefully the next batch or 2 will be better but who knows....

Yup, was why I give up on the monitor game 4/5 years ago, primarily cause of bleed, buy oled and never have to worry about crap blacks :p

Soldato
Don't bother worrying about HDR on a monitor, it is crap, even on the monitors that cost ££££, the only thing that does HDR any justice is OLED and a few select high end LCD TVs.

Main reason to buy this monitor is purely for the price and specs you are getting, you literally have to spend double to get anything like this, hopefully the next batch or 2 will be better but who knows....

True, has to be better than using a 43" 4K TV. I'll wait for some further QC information.

Associate
Now that I've got a taste of high refresh rate, I definitely still want a new monitor asap :p I'm still struggling to go play R6 Siege at 60fps...I keep checking the settings...feels like 45-50fps now :( Mouse movement also feels pretty sluggish still. This is after a week of back to 60fps as well.

Dota 2 feels mainly fine at 60fps, and third person games are no problem.

Ordered another 32" 1440p 144hz monitor....fingers crossed 3rd time lucky. I did find the ultrawide felt slightly too wide as well...something like 18 or 19:9 would possibly be a better ratio IMO.

Soldato
So with a 3 year warranty on these I've decided to take a punt and order one. Hopefully I get a good one.
Unfortunately it wasn't from OCUK as there wasn't any stock left.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgot to mention, I would also get flashing / weird black artifacts with the Iiyama monitor in R6 using DX11.

Not in any other monitor I've used since or before...was weird.

Soldato
So the monitor came today. I will test it out later but some things I've noticed so far.
1. HDR is terrible, it just makes everything look washed out. Destiny 2 set HDR on by default and was causing issues.
2. I got that weird half screen glitch coming out of games but that also be resolved when I turned HDR off in game.
3. Very happy that G-Sync appears to be working.
4. Being an IPS screen/matte finish I didn't like the PQ at first but actually it looks really good. Turned advanced contrast on.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
advanced contrast should be turned off.

ideal settings for brightness should be between 10-25 and contrast set to 50

You won't get any good HDR outside of ££££ tvs

Soldato

Hmm fair enough. It didn't look right without advanced contrast. Looked way dark, but it's in a bay window (bay window desk). Maybe at night time it would look right with those settings but not on a day with decent light.

Yeh I wasn't expecting much from HDR but not for it to look so horrible.

Soldato
Hdr won't work with gsync on, you nex to turn that off in the OSD first. HDR basically adds digital vibrancy, it's pointless.
Yeh when I turned HDR on it turned Freesync off. I tried it with it turned on and it still seemed to look horrible. I'll try again later. GSync is awesome though so that's definitely better.

Soldato

Hmm at night you are definitely right, brightness down to about 15. I was shocked how much difference there is. First IPS screen though.

Associate
Hopefully later batches of this will iron out all the issues. I wouldn't even mind paying an extra £50 if it means they have flawless firmware and do better QC, it would still be great value. I've had mine for about 7 weeks now and it's running great, but I did keep my old ultrawide in iiyama's box just in case :D

Soldato
It ticks all the boxes I have for a new panel and I've been watching for this thing for months but I'm currently not prepared to get on the merry-go-round. I can't stand curved screens because I'm a heavy autocad and Revit user and it just doesn't work when you have lots of parallel horizontal lines all over the place. I need something the replace an old but still great dell 3008 but I'm struggling to find something flat at decent resolution and 144 with freesync.

Back
Top Bottom