Calling Nvidia GPU users with AOC CU34G2X, AOC CQ27G2U or BenQ EW3280U

Soldato
Could any Nvidia GPU users with an AOC CU34G2X, AOC CQ27G2U or BenQ EW3280U confirm whether 'G-SYNC Compatible Mode' is working for them without screen blanks (signal dropout) and what GPU they're using? This is whereby the screen will turn off briefly then on again when using the technology. On the 144Hz models it's most likely to occur below 80fps or so. On the 60Hz BenQ, anywhere between 48 - 59fps can trigger it.

I've been having such issues on all 3 monitors with my Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti and I'm aware some users are using these models without such issues. I know others are having this issue with at least two of those models. I have a theory that those without screen blanking issues are using using RTX 20 series GPUs.

Soldato
When I used my 4K Benq EW3270U the freesync range was 40-60 and got that blanking. Used CRU to change the range to 41-60 and was fine, tested with Nvidia Pendulum demo.

Associate
Just bought AOC CU34G2X, unfortunately, im using rtx2070super and this screen blanking issue is still persist whether I'm off or on gsyn mode. It really starting to annoy me.....

Tried the CRU method it's still the same, sigh......

Associate
Could any Nvidia GPU users with an AOC CU34G2X, AOC CQ27G2U or BenQ EW3280U confirm whether 'G-SYNC Compatible Mode' is working for them without screen blanks (signal dropout) and what GPU they're using? This is whereby the screen will turn off briefly then on again when using the technology. On the 144Hz models it's most likely to occur below 80fps or so. On the 60Hz BenQ, anywhere between 48 - 59fps can trigger it.

I've been having such issues on all 3 monitors with my Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti and I'm aware some users are using these models without such issues. I know others are having this issue with at least two of those models. I have a theory that those without screen blanking issues are using using RTX 20 series GPUs.

Hi OP.

I know this doesnt answer your question directly but in a CU34G2X owner here and i've had flickering problems with my AMD RX5700 and freesync. This would start in game and carry over to desktop when exiting games, almost like artefacts.

There are some half decent reddit threads on the subject but i'll give you a shortlist of things i did to help improve things. I'll note that the flickering isnt 100% gone but its a hell of a lot better than what it was originally.

• I noted that flickering only occurred when freesync was enabled through the monitor options. Turning it off eliminates flickering altogether for me
  • It also only occurs in certain games now. Originally it was occurring in everything I was playing and was exacerbated if i was in and out of the lower Freesync threshold (which from memory is 45 - 50FPS)
  • I bought and use a VESA approved Displayport 1.4 cable
  • downloaded CRU and set the freesync value to 50-144Hz
  • Downloaded the most recent drivers. These are a pig to find. I got them eventually through the AOC website but searching CU34g2X didnt always come back with updated drivers. You then need to install them manually.
  • Lastly, uninstall MSI afterburner if you use it. I do and this actually made a massive difference. This wont make any difference to you but i use AMD wattman now for my fan profiles.
I'd suggest trying those if youre still not having any luck. I've got a ticket open with AOC and OCuk are aware of the issues i'm having and right now i'm at the point of trying to capture videos of the flicker to send to AOC.

Anyway as i said, its a massive improvement over my initial problems. Out of interest I tested the following games: Doom Eternal, Far Cry 5, Wolfenstein 2, Red Dead 2, Shadow of War, Planet Coaster, Wreckfest and Farming Simulator 19. They all had problems, until now, where i only get issues with farming simulator.

Associate
I guess so, haven't try with 1.4dp though

Could you ask how you're getting on with your monitor now ? Did you end up trying a 1.4dp cable ?

I can't make my mind up between this AOC CU34G2X (of which i like the looks better) and the Iiyama GB3466WQSU-B1, but am a little concerned about your comments as I'll be running on my new build which also has a Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER...

Back
Top Bottom