Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
Someone came up with a garden planner tool
https://harvest.iw.gy/

That's gonna be handy, not really put any thought into mine yet so it's a bit of a jumbled mess :p

Hit mapping last night, still using a few pieces of gear from mid 20s so lots of room to improve now. I've got tonnes of resistances so should be able to target some cheaper undesirable gear with good rolls for other stats on trade, probably even start building some Chaos resist up.

It's just a pain when you check and see that the Inpulsa prices are through the roof this league. I imagine my endgame Timeless jewel plan is going to be a tad pricey as well :(

Associate
Really dissapointed with Harvest, once you get your farm set up and decently geared character there is really zero engaging league content. GGG will probably buff number of seed drops next week once player numbers start seriously tanking, i doubt it's gonna save it though

Associate
Really dissapointed with Harvest, once you get your farm set up and decently geared character there is really zero engaging league content. GGG will probably buff number of seed drops next week once player numbers start seriously tanking, i doubt it's gonna save it though

same, such a shame, I was hyped for crafting league too!

Maybe it will get OP in a few weeks though, GGG are usually on the ball. Leveling my league start was awesome! I never had so much dmg, with the extra crafts... Now I just bank seeds :/ my **** gear cant be improved with "reroll" an item, too risky to mess up my current gear.

Back to farming chaos recipe at the mo to save for an inpulsa :p

edit - im currently 85 witch necro, VD-DD-spell-slinger

Associate
I did chaos spellslinger to league start which was great, swapped to ED/contagion around 85. Got him to 91 before re-rolling cause i coudn't find last lab trial and trials only getting rarer in red maps

Rolled an EQ bleed Berserker and on his very first map yesterday the last trial showed up:rolleyes:

In fairness the league mechanic is great for rolling basic gear, the powerful crafts are just too rare/too much RNG to be worth the effort though. Also there's some weird weightings on seeds, like why is lighning so much more prevalent that fire/cold:confused:

Soldato
I agree they need to increase the amount of seeds dropping each map. As much as tyhe crafting seems random if i had more seeds available id start filtering them out in my stash and try planting a plot of all phys modifiers, all caster, all sockets etc to see if putting similar seeds increases the chance of the higher rolls. Upto now ive simply been using the auto plant which just throws any tier 1 seeds in the plot

Started with a Molten Strike Jugg which im really struggling to get going, im in low tier maps but relying on a few upgrades as dont have the currency to go and buy a few items on trade.

Associate
It's been very handy for changing socket colours without have to craft them up from a base, it's also allowed me to save all of my Jewellers & Fusings towards the 6 link recipe.

I'll agree that the weightings are odd though, I've been holding onto a wand for a while now waiting for some fire modifiers to come up. I might as well just find a better wand at this point.

My main issue so far is the actual interface/text. I'm finding it a bit of a slog having to read through all the options, skim reading makes a lot the options sound the same until you spot a certain word.

Soldato
It's been very handy for changing socket colours without have to craft them up from a base, it's also allowed me to save all of my Jewellers & Fusings towards the 6 link recipe.

I'll agree that the weightings are odd though, I've been holding onto a wand for a while now waiting for some fire modifiers to come up. I might as well just find a better wand at this point.

My main issue so far is the actual interface/text. I'm finding it a bit of a slog having to read through all the options, skim reading makes a lot the options sound the same until you spot a certain word.

Yeah Bex replied to a reddit post which simply showed that highlighting some text on the interface would make the process so much better for QoL

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexil...stion_the_walls_of_text_could_be_much_easier/

Soldato
I'm liking the league mechanic for subtle changes. Mostly like the crafts which have the annul effect but on specific things like 'remove a life mod'. Can really tailor your gear. Do agree though that it is too random for serious crafting, though maybe the Horticulture table might help?? Have had a couple of nice drops from the mobs in the garden though (see below)

After my awful start, my Frostblade Zerker is insane now (lvl 84). My gear is still very poor but it's ripping through low/mid tier mapping. Even able to push well into yellow tier maps with no resistances/defence.

q3kcfzd.jpg

D3K

D3K

Soldato
3.5 days played. 0 ex drops. :(

Best drop I had was a 21/23 soulrend which went for 1.5ex. Everything else is 1c drops. Couple of 10c bits and maybe a 30c item. Nothing else is selling, everyone is crafting.

Not loving the harvest mechanic. 99% of T1 is reforge. Of the sockets/links that appear, 99% is <5.

For T3 stuff, it feels like an absolute chore. 9 maps minimum to spawn. Minimum because if you run a map a tier lower than the seeds, they don't grow. If you run out of condensate, they don't grow. 9 maps is more than it takes to spawn a conqueror at awakener level 8.

Add to that really bad map sustain. Getting from yellows to low reds required full juice - chisels, sextants, alch (lets be honest - harvest juice is needed for T2/T3, can't be wasting it on maps), and zana map mod got me into T10-T13 with some wiggle room. T14 does not care. I've bought a few maps and ran out of juice options so sustain just died a death. Now I'll need to buy more consumables for juicing as well as the maps to try and get comfortable. I didn't want what little money I had anyway...

Also can't Delve since no Nikko missions left.

So all in all I'm really struggling to stay interested in this league.

Also I now see why VD SS has p2w mtx... I can't see a thing with all the explosions so often get 1 shotted by mobs I can't see! Apparently buying the stygian mtx improves visibility, as well as giving your gfx card an easier ride.

Associate
Slow progress for me so far, only up to level 86 and still kicking around low tier maps. I've just been trying to complete as many as possible before moving up the tiers using the watchstones, It might make life easier with the map drop rates later on. I had my first exalt drop last night, but haven't had much else, hardly have any chaos orbs so I might start smashing the recipe for a while.

Build wise it's going ok, the clear is good, bosses are a little slower and survivability is decent so far. Enduring cry has saved me quite a few times already with the big life regen, I'm dropping it every 3 seconds and have permanent up time for the other bonuses. I'm still using some pretty crap gear as well so should have room to improve quite a bit yet, although mana appears like it's going to be an issue when i get a six link. Hopefully I can build some more currency and start to invest in some of the more expensive items I want soon (Glorious vanity Jewel, Inpulsa or phys explosion chest, better wand).

As for Harvest, I've just been trying to follow one of the good garden layouts, so all of my time has just been spent building up stock of storage tanks and the other bits. I'm nearly there, another night or so and I should be ready to using it properly.

Associate
Bit of an underwhelming reveal if I'm honest, not really grabbed my interest at all. I'll wait for more details before I make a decision but it might be a league that I sit out again, don't wanna burn myself out as I do enjoy the game in bursts.

I did pretty well this league, if a little slow going. My VD build cleared pretty much everything and worked out how I wanted it to, still had plenty of room for improvement too. The harvest mechanic became very tiresome after a while, I got half way through building one of those big optimized layouts and kind of lost the will with it. I did utilize the crafting loads though, the majority of my gear was made using the different options, it was really helpful and saved loads of currency buying the kind of items I needed.

I'll definitely miss it until they implement something back into the core game.

Associate
My inner ninja will go into shadows and lure them out for gold and treasure.
lot of voicelines, a story, robbing the aristocrats and new loot tweaks
Seems fun to me

Associate
I'm not major hyped for new league, league mechanic looks interesting but no ascendecy changes & no real changes to the meta, also SSF is gonna feel so rough after Harvest:p

It's also burnout though think it's 10+ leagues since i missed one. I do think GGG are now holding back major content for 2.0 and we are kinda coasting till it drops.

I'll check out the new curse stuff tomorrow, might try that out if i can get my head round it

Back
Top Bottom