Sunroofs!

Associate
I love having a sunroof in the car - very rarely do I open it - more about the cabin being brighter. Loved the pano roof on my old civic and really missed it when we changed car. In the end though we didn’t spec it on our new golf despite my going in feeling adamant it would be on the list - too many stories of them rattling and leaking on that model. I miss it though...

Associate
I had one on my old 09 Focus and I found it fairly pointless, it made the cabin lighter but in terms of temperature it was easier to just use the climate control, the only reason it had that option was because the car was a demo vehicle and so the dealership had every option possible on it. I considered getting one on my Astra back in 2009 until I looked at the cost, I think it was around £900 and as I found when I replaced it with the Focus in 2015 it would have been pointless.

I wonder with the WLTP regulation that came in if options like this will become less of an option on new cars. They have become less of a thing on cars now anyway so with the introduction of WLTP it could push manufacturers to scrap them as an option.

Associate
I love having a sunroof, I miss them having one in current cars. I did enjoy having a panoramic roof in previous car and that was very nice, think that will be something I look for in my future cars.

Soldato
I love having a sunroof in the car - very rarely do I open it - more about the cabin being brighter. Loved the pano roof on my old civic and really missed it when we changed car. In the end though we didn’t spec it on our new golf despite my going in feeling adamant it would be on the list - too many stories of them rattling and leaking on that model. I miss it though...

I also miss the sun/moonroof on my old Civic. It didn't open, but did make the car much lighter/more open feeling.

Soldato
It's actually a cost option to specify a sunroof, which is why you don't often find them on anything other than top models from prestigious marques. The M5 for example had a sunroof has standard. But you know, according to posters in here they are horrible, weighty, centre of gravity, rot pockets and haven't been in fashion since the 90s. All of my cars have had sunroofs, whether they are used or not (most commonly are used).

Soldato
Sun roofs aren't really common now. However panoramic glass roofs are. You might find that the filter is just not picking them up - as people wouldn't consider them a 'sunroof'.

Permabanned
The (faked) farts and pops on some modern cars sound stupid though :/

Define 'faked'; as in the piped in noise from the stereo or the fact that the ECU is tuned to pop on overrun? Because even if it is just a tune on the ECU it amuses the heck out of me and a sunroof makes it more enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom