Mayhems Pastel White Splitting

Soldato
Glad Mayhem's have shown integrity with this.

I would love to see the responses from their fervorous support group members :D

I'm a long time user of Mayhem's X1 / XT1 Nuke, always been super chuffed with it. Glad they've sent this out with Blitz, another product I really like.

Associate
I bought some Pastel White premix from Overclockers the other day and then stumbled across this thread. Checked the date and it's the March 2020 batch. It's an old loop which has had plenty of Mayhems through it in the past (pastel white, aurora, pastel red and currently clear) but not sure I want to risk it this time.

Mayhems have pulled their pastel range from their own website but guess they haven't issued a general recall. Think OCUK will accept this as a return for some Cryofuel instead?

Or shall I just fire it in the loop and cross my fingers?!

Soldato
I bought some Pastel White premix from Overclockers the other day and then stumbled across this thread. Checked the date and it's the March 2020 batch. It's an old loop which has had plenty of Mayhems through it in the past (pastel white, aurora, pastel red and currently clear) but not sure I want to risk it this time.

Mayhems have pulled their pastel range from their own website but guess they haven't issued a general recall. Think OCUK will accept this as a return for some Cryofuel instead?

Or shall I just fire it in the loop and cross my fingers?!
From what people have been saying it seems the concentrate is worse than premix. I've had premix in mine for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. I did use the mayhems blitz kit before putting it in. I think when you begin to understand the reasons why the issues occur it seems obvious to use the blitz kit really.

Associate
From what people have been saying it seems the concentrate is worse than premix. I've had premix in mine for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. I did use the mayhems blitz kit before putting it in. I think when you begin to understand the reasons why the issues occur it seems obvious to use the blitz kit really.

Thanks Bossman. I've always used the Blitz Kit between coolant changes so hopefully I won't see any problems.

Man of Honour
Put white pastel in the wifes a few days ago... and yep its split already. :confused: The purple split a few days before that. Guess i need to pull the whole thing down again and clean it. Bought a few pastel and they have all been total junk. Wont be buying it again.

Tempted to hit up ocuk and mayhems as I have already spent 4 hour stripping it back from the first split.

Soldato
Put white pastel in the wifes a few days ago... and yep its split already. :confused: The purple split a few days before that. Guess i need to pull the whole thing down again and clean it. Bought a few pastel and they have all been total junk. Wont be buying it again.

Tempted to hit up ocuk and mayhems as I have already spent 4 hour stripping it back from the first split.
Concentrate or premix?

Soldato
My March 2020 batch of premix split after 3-4 weeks of running. Looked great for the first couple of weeks. The tubing and blocks were coated. Had to bin the tubing and clean out the blocks. Didn't use the blitz kit beforehand but did rinse the radiators thoroughly with tap water and then distilled water. No chemicals.

Soldato

Raise a support ticket with Mayhems.

Soldato
Shame that is :( I guess now we just hold tight and see what happens. :D im not too bothered tbh it's more frustrating ripping apart the loop than it is worrying about what coolant to use.
I know, really want to avoid it. I've got a white build coming up and was planning on Mayhems so I'm following closely!

Associate
Just had an email response from Mayhem support saying I am not to use the Pastel White. To their credit they have offered to send me a clear concentrate and some pure water as a replacement.

Shame as I loved the Mayhems pastel white I had a few years ago which I had no problems with at all.

Man of Honour
Have also had an update from Mayhems:

Hi Vince ,

Ticket: (Removed Ticket Number and Details)

1) Can you take a close photo of the bottles and their Labels showing Date Codes ?

2) can you take a Photo/screenshot of your Invoice where you purchased them from ?

3) Can you give a general description of your Rig / Loop to give a better understanding of your Setup

Rad Types & Make

CPU Block and make

GPU Block & Make

Tubing Brand

Pump and Reservoir

Any more Photos you include would be useful. IE showing full loop and sections of the loop

Keep Safe

Ian

I have sent a detailed list of parts including part numbers as well as perhaps 10 pictures. :) Let's see where we end up!

To be fair my loop is very cheap and although its copper/nickel block, copper rad and acrylic tubing I suspect they might find an issue with one of the parts. I guess we shall see.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have also had an update from Mayhems:

I have sent a detailed list of parts including part numbers as well as perhaps 10 pictures. :) Let's see where we end up!

To be fair my loop is very cheap and although its copper/nickel block, copper rad and acrylic tubing I suspect they might find an issue with one of the parts. I guess we shall see.
I would doubt it unless it’s a mess. My loop is all Bykski products from China and they didn’t have an issue with it.

Back
Top Bottom