RGB controls not working after reinstallation of Windows 10.

Associate
I found myself at the end of a goose chase that ended in needing to reset the OS through the Windows 10 reset function. No problems since as the original issue concerns, although I'm now unable to control my B450 Asus Elite's RGB through RGB Fusion 2.0 in the boot menu- perhaps on a related note I'm unable to install the Asus Aura Sync to control my RAM's RGB (some none-sense about incorrect parameters that no one on Google has ever seemed to experience).

My slightly less than mediocre investigating skills point to drivers that have been removed since the reset (I couldn't even hazard a guess which ones), or an update to the BIOS being needed. There is a third possibility that the mobo isn't detecting or is missing a bus controller, again, no idea how to approach.

So the main obstacles in my way of doing 2/3 of these options is that I don't know what's missing. The big one for me is updating/flashing the BIOS. I know for a lot of you that's a simpler thing to do these days, but for me it terrifies me to even think of trying it considering there's a possibility of my unlucky and inexperienced self bricking my newishly built PC, particularly after the heartache of having to reset the bugger's OS three times in reasonable succession. To me, this is a pretty big deal just to get some poorly made software to work.

At the moment I'm on the cusp of paying a trusted local repair place to have a nose for me, but I'd rather not do that so early into my rigs life- particularly after being built air-tight by Overclockers and me messing it up over an accidentally deleted important system file (thanks OneDrive). If there's a simple fix for this that I'm just blind to and someone here brings it to light, I'd build a monument to your honour atop the greatest hill in Wales.

Cheers!

Man of Honour
In theory, if you haven't done anything other than reset Windows, it shouldn't be something that requires a BIOS flash, or messing with the BIOS.

What makes you unable to control the RGB through the boot menu? Do you press and nothing happens, or ?

Associate
OP
In theory, if you haven't done anything other than reset Windows, it shouldn't be something that requires a BIOS flash, or messing with the BIOS.

What makes you unable to control the RGB through the boot menu? Do you press and nothing happens, or ?

I open RGB Fusion, make the changes and then... nothing. On screen, it's changed and applied, but when I turn my head to the right, it's exactly the same. I tried downloading the program to run it from the desktop but just to the same effect- I'm lucky it at least opens, though. Some people have had real issues with the program but as I said earlier, it was working perfectly up until the reset.

Man of Honour
My guess is that you're right it's a driver problem (at least that would make sense with a desktop program, not so much if ran from the BIOS..), but I have no idea what. I'd guess that it would be more likely to be included in the motherboard manufacturer downloads than it would from AMD. Did you download the RGB utility directly from your board's support page (I assume this is the one, but I'm confused that you're mixing Gigabyte and ASUS terms, Aorus Elite is a Gigabyte motherboard and RGB Fusion 2.0 is a Gigabyte software, Aura Sync is for ASUS motherboards): https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

Associate
OP
My guess is that you're right it's a driver problem (at least that would make sense with a desktop program, not so much if ran from the BIOS..), but I have no idea what. I'd guess that it would be more likely to be included in the motherboard manufacturer downloads than it would from AMD. Did you download the RGB utility directly from your board's support page (I assume this is the one, but I'm confused that you're mixing Gigabyte and ASUS terms, Aorus Elite is a Gigabyte motherboard and RGB Fusion 2.0 is a Gigabyte software, Aura Sync is for ASUS motherboards): https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

I've downloaded all the utilities from Gigabyte directly. I should have mentioned in my original post that my RAM's RGB is mainly support by Asus Aura Sync, so I used that to control those- Fusion *does* support it, but Aura Sync can make them look a hundred times better!

Man of Honour
Have you tried installing the ASUS one first and then the Gigabyte one?

I see there are other versions of the Gigabyte software available on softpedia (for your board), you could try one of those? I think they're safe on this website.

Associate
OP
Have you tried installing the ASUS one first and then the Gigabyte one?

I see there are other versions of the Gigabyte software available on softpedia (for your board), you could try one of those? I think they're safe on this website.

I've tried reinstalling them both in different orders and although I could never get Aura Sync installed, it did have some weird effect of knocking off the lights on one of my sticks... Very weird, although resolved as RGB fusion kicked in which somehow can control the sticks but not the mobo. I'm not super keen on installing from third-party websites- I don't mean to be awkward but I've accosted this poor PC enough and I wouldn't want to make any more mistakes!

Cheers for sticking with me on this by the way, having someone to spit ball with makes things a lot easier. I know it's only RGB controllers but I set this thing up to look glorious!

Associate
OP
Quick update for those that might find this from Google or something. I unplugged my PC to give it a clean, and on plugging it back in the RGB's changed and are now controllable! I power down every night and sometimes in the day, but never unplugged it. If you're here for a similar issue, unplug that sucker and see if it works. Cheers Tetras for sticking with me on this!

Back
Top Bottom