Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I see what you mean about neighbours being able to see it. They won't be able to miss it! Pretty poor quality there with the rust, how old is the car?

Regarding the business is it something you were actively looking to do or was it an opportunity you couldn't turn down? Appreciate you might not want to go into details which is fair enough.

Actually I can hide it , the house overhands the garage enough and the mrs s max in the spot i took the pics will hide it completely . The new garage door is about 4 weeks away and then she will be hidden. I may measure it tomorrow just to see if it can squeeze in but its unlikely.

With regards to business. I had worked very hard to become a GM in a big company at the ripe age of 25... After 4 years the stress was affecting my health, chest pain, racing heart etc. So i had some time of, re evaluated and got a job less senior elsewhere. A few months in i had long thoughts and just went on my own. I buy and sell plant for a living, diggers etc. At the time i had nothing but sold on commission only so sold anybody else stuff which pushed me enough to be able to get a very small council premises in 2014 bought 1 digger, etc etc etc, now have 3 employees plus myself, 25000 sq ft premisesand a nice enough life

Soldato
Actually I can hide it , the house overhands the garage enough and the mrs s max in the spot i took the pics will hide it completely . The new garage door is about 4 weeks away and then she will be hidden. I may measure it tomorrow just to see if it can squeeze in but its unlikely.

With regards to business. I had worked very hard to become a GM in a big company at the ripe age of 25... After 4 years the stress was affecting my health, chest pain, racing heart etc. So i had some time of, re evaluated and got a job less senior elsewhere. A few months in i had long thoughts and just went on my own. I buy and sell plant for a living, diggers etc. At the time i had nothing but sold on commission only so sold anybody else stuff which pushed me enough to be able to get a very small council premises in 2014 bought 1 digger, etc etc etc, now have 3 employees plus myself, 25000 sq ft premisesand a nice enough life

Thanks for sharing. How did you get the idea for it? I'm sure there are going to be some post-lockdown opportunities out there.

Soldato
Thanks for sharing. How did you get the idea for it? I'm sure there are going to be some post-lockdown opportunities out there.

I was very lucky to get a job in 2007 with the local JCB dealer selling compact equipment, it was like a junior sales role. I was made redundant in 08. The JCB Training and systems/process's carried me though. Using the same process's in the fairly newly formed business that was part of a larger group / holding company got me noticed. I grew the company from 500k loses to profit and ultimately a year after i left they folded (losses returned) So i knew the field i was in, diggers. So many times we underwrote machines to dealers i thought about becoming a middle man for it. Why cant i sell plant for people for more than trade. in 2013 when i started the pound was weak (like now) and export was flat out. so i did very well as the pound rose in 2015 life got tougher and that's when i decided to invest in my own. I really was just flipping machines. Earning a few hundred each one. I had enough of working for people I was very poorly with stress back then. 18 people reporting to you, a board to report to, manufactures breathing heavy for more sales. I sat in some meetings and just wanted to cry. I diddnt have the experience or answers to some very senior people in big organisations, I did what i could which was still successful but the groups idea of taking on lots of manufactures to sell was a big downfall, not just for me but also for the business we wasn't geared up for it all.

Untitled by Ross c, on Flickr

Having just backed up to the garage doors. I rekon it will go in...

Who knew

Last edited:
Soldato
That Ferrari is special. :cool:

Many thanks :D

I like the disco :D

What's the deal with the disco. I guess it's for offroading judging by the tyre on the back?

Thanks, i had one years ago and last year at xmas i was bored so bought a nice one as i could find, fitted some decent bumpers / wheels / tyres and other toys. Shes really for winter driving, snow, ice. We have a 4x4 response thing here where you join a group and can 1 life live it as they say. Its a bit of winter fun that isn't expensive i suppose. I have not driven it since Feb, really it should be at work in one of the sheds. I love it its great fun, she has a straght through exhaust, removed EGR, TD5 whistle , love that engine. The only thing i have not yet bought is a good winch , its on my list just seems expensive for something i will very very rarely use

OcUK Staff
I was very lucky to get a job in 2007 with the local JCB dealer selling compact equipment, it was like a junior sales role. I was made redundant in 08. The JCB Training and systems/process's carried me though. Using the same process's in the fairly newly formed business that was part of a larger group / holding company got me noticed. I grew the company from 500k loses to profit and ultimately a year after i left they folded (losses returned) So i knew the field i was in, diggers. So many times we underwrote machines to dealers i thought about becoming a middle man for it. Why cant i sell plant for people for more than trade. in 2013 when i started the pound was weak (like now) and export was flat out. so i did very well as the pound rose in 2015 life got tougher and that's when i decided to invest in my own. I really was just flipping machines. Earning a few hundred each one. I had enough of working for people I was very poorly with stress back then. 18 people reporting to you, a board to report to, manufactures breathing heavy for more sales. I sat in some meetings and just wanted to cry. I diddnt have the experience or answers to some very senior people in big organisations, I did what i could which was still successful but the groups idea of taking on lots of manufactures to sell was a big downfall, not just for me but also for the business we wasn't geared up for it all.

Having just backed up to the garage doors. I rekon it will go in...

Who knew

Car looks superb mate, you should be and know you are over the moon with it, am sure as you drive it more you will discover how truly special a car they feel and how they are entertaining at legal speeds but also very capable at high speeds too.
The corrosion is pretty odd, never seen that my only guess is maybe it had a bad stone chip, scratch in that area and water got under the paint from a poor repair job and shocked Ferrari did not see that but am sure they will have it sorted for you prompt.

Great story that on your progression and proof hard work and dedication pays off, especially if you spot and pounce on an opportunity.
When you put it in the garage make sure the mirrors are folded in because that will be your issue especially if the inne garage mechanism takes up some of the opening at the height where your mirrors are at. That was why I had to get the garage door changed at this property.

I now have a second property which has a double garage and the door openings are larger but even mirrors out the doors are wide enough but the mechanism takes some of opening up which makes it tighter, so just watch out for that.

Enjoy you've made a great choice and the longer I have mine the more I am decided to just keep it forever. :)

Caporegime
I'm actually surprised at how far the wheels seem to sit inboard of the arches. I didn't think @Gibbo's looked like that, but again could be photo angle I guess.

Loads of supercars and high end sportscars have crap wheel fitment, but you usually get lambasted if you point it out unless you drive a comparable car yourself. The Alfa 4C is the one that immediately springs to mind. The rear wheel to arch fitment makes me feel unwell.

I love the design of the 458 from the front, the rear is alright, but I'm not a fan of the side styling, especially with dark wheels.

I much prefer the 488's styling, a marked improvement. But then I remember I think Gibbo saying that he prefers the 458 styling. We can't all like the same things. :)

Last edited:
Soldato

Kudos for being the first person brave enough to post after that Ferrari.

I like your car, I've never driven one but imagine they're quite fun on the roads. Is it?

Also, is the front and rear mesh grille meant to be black on the front and grey on the back? Or has it faded? Last Renault I had (similar age) the plastics all went grey/white and looked bad, especially since it was a black car... I tried the standard products but it never worked that well. I see there's more permanent chemical solution or even a heat gun approach that would probably improve the look of the back of the car quite a lot. Probably one for the car cleaning thread...

Soldato
Kudos for being the first person brave enough to post after that Ferrari.

I like your car, I've never driven one but imagine they're quite fun on the roads. Is it?

Also, is the front and rear mesh grille meant to be black on the front and grey on the back? Or has it faded? Last Renault I had (similar age) the plastics all went grey/white and looked bad, especially since it was a black car... I tried the standard products but it never worked that well. I see there's more permanent chemical solution or even a heat gun approach that would probably improve the look of the back of the car quite a lot. Probably one for the car cleaning thread...

The front grill pieces were replaced previous to my ownership and obviously the rears are original. I find pieces like that such a pita when they have faded. I've had older bikes in the past that I've almost kept moist to the touch with the amount of autoglym bumper care I've used on them (although it smells sooo good I was happy to do so) however something like that grill I think I may have to look at the heat/chemical approaches. Especially with bad knees and back it won't be getting the car it would have when I was 17 :D

Soldato
And tbh I thought after coming back on here after a number of years away everyone would be at the fez level... It was 306 D Turbo -> Mondeo ST220 -> Some kind of 530 or 330 BMW then exotica of all kinds.... I got stalled due to psycho ex problems after my E39 530D M Sport and was ashamed to not meet to OcUK Motors standards of progression haha

Back
Top Bottom