Neighbour doing some ugly alterations...

Caporegime
Hi,

My neighbour (directly across the road) has a wheelchair ramp as both he and his mother have disabilities, this morning I noticed that they had someone painting this ramp bright red, it was a basic grey metal ramp before.

This is a real eyesore, are they actually allowed to do this? I'm not sure if there's any regulations against it or not. It looks absolutely horrible.

Thanks
maybe you would prefer pink? are you sure you're not "just seeing red" here? I sense the anger towards your neighbours, one does not simply butter the ramp!!!!

Soldato
To be honest, i doubt its bright red.

It may be Red Oxide paint which stops rusts and protects things. Its more of a maroon colour though. Then maybe they are painting another colour on top and not go round to it yet...........

Soldato
What, for not liking something aesthetically?
No.

I don't condone violence, and he doesn't deserve a "slap"

But i think what @Haze is thinking that whilst the OP doesn't like it, does he really need to go so far as to ask them to paint it another colour to please him ?

I don't like black cars, but i'm not starting a petition or moaning to get them removed from the world all together.

People need to learn not everything is has to be to their taste or even like the guy in the ebay thread, to let things go from time to time.

Caporegime
No.

I don't condone violence, and he doesn't deserve a "slap"

But i think what @Haze is thinking that whilst the OP doesn't like it, does he really need to go so far as to ask them to paint it another colour to please him ?

I don't like black cars, but i'm not starting a petition or moaning to get them removed from the world all together.

People need to learn not everything is has to be to their taste or even like the guy in the ebay thread, to let things go from time to time.

He never asked them to paint it a different colour. He asked if they're allowed to do what they've done.

Soldato
He never asked them to paint it a different colour. He asked if they're allowed to do what they've done.
Because it was originally Grey which he didn't have an issue with.

Just because he never asked them to change the colour he still doesn't like it cos its not to his taste, so he is clearly thinking of reporting them so it can be changed back which is still pathetic.

Soldato
Because it was originally Grey which he didn't have an issue with.

Just because he never asked them to change the colour he still doesn't like it cos its not to his taste, so he is clearly thinking of reporting them so it can be changed back which is still pathetic.

This is basically what I meant, when I said he needs a slap, all with what's going wrong in the world, and he's crying about a red ramp, that he only see when he goes outside

Soldato
Well that's disgusting. Someone over the road has decided, without consulting the neighbour over the road I'll have you know, to paint something in the colour of their own choosing.

What is the world coming to?

Soldato
To be honest, i doubt its bright red.

It may be Red Oxide paint which stops rusts and protects things. Its more of a maroon colour though. Then maybe they are painting another colour on top and not go round to it yet...........

That was my first thought, it might just be an undercoat

Aslo...

Bear in mind that to somebody who is red green colour blind "Bright" red is actually a dark colour and not particularly dramatic. (Not so different to brown really)

They might simply not realise the impact that the colour choice has on other people.

I could easily paint a house bright pink thinking it was magnolia...

Caporegime
That was my first thought, it might just be an undercoat

Aslo...

Bear in mind that to somebody who is red green colour blind "Bright" red is actually a dark colour and not particularly dramatic. (Not so different to brown really)

They might simply not realise the impact that the colour choice has on other people.

I could easily paint a house bright pink thinking it was magnolia...

And this is another reason why I previously mentioned one wouldn't use red as a high contrast colour for those with visual impairments.

Back
Top Bottom